New advance for ovarian cancer

Options
kikz
kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
Tomorrow night on ABC World News, Diane Sawyer will interview Joan Doak who is a survivor and staffer for NOCC (sorry Carlene) regarding a new procedure for identifying ov/ca cells during surgery using a flourescent dye. Below is a link to a news story about this breakthrough. This is news to me, maybe some of you have heard of it. What really struck me is that they are trying it on ov/ca patients first because the reporter stated it is "the" deadliest of all gynecological cancers. Uh, yeah, don't we know it. This is already being done in Europe.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/glow-dark-cells-find-ovarian-cancer-14553219

Here's hoping, ladies.

Karen

Comments

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Isn't this great news?
    When I heard this I was so excited I wanted to cry. Wouldn't this be beneficial to us? I can't believe no one has responded to this post or talked about it. I know one other member posted about it. Am I missing something? I thought this was some kind of major breakthrough.

Karen
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

Isn't this great news?
    When I heard this I was so excited I wanted to cry. Wouldn't this be beneficial to us? I can't believe no one has responded to this post or talked about it. I know one other member posted about it. Am I missing something? I thought this was some kind of major breakthrough.

Karen

It IS exciting
    I, too, am surprised there isn't more excitement on this discussion board over this research--I guess it takes SO LONG before something new gets to be standard of care that it is hard to get too jazzed up about every new discovery.

The part that might apply to me is if they find a way to make the cancer glow red thru the skin...hmmmm, that actually might creep me out now that I think about it.

I agree with you, Karen, this is an amazing breakthrough!

Carolen
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

Isn't this great news?

Karen

Sorry
    Sorry Karen,
    I did not respond to your post, but responded to CarolenK's post on the same subject. This IS amazing stuff and I really wish it had been around a few years ago. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Maybe it just takes time to sink in.