mild pain in arm pit!!

Options
mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
I drove a 3 hour drive(1st long distance ride) last week and had my hair washed in a beauty salon bowl first time since chemo,rads etc..... my thing is that Saturday i started feeling a mild pain in left, high in the arm pit where i had lymph nodes removed (16 with 8 pos)thing is i cant feel anything and boy believe me i been feeling,but really my question is which Dr. to go to? rads onc. chemo onc. or surgeon ? and what will they possibly do to check ultra sound ?? I had a pet scan in May (cancer free) HELP PINK SISTERS THAT HAVE EXPERENCED THIS OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS. MollyZ

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    It takes a long time to completely heal from node removal.
    Hi Molly,
    I would check with the surgeon to start. It took almost a year before I was pain free. Sounds like you had some new activity that may have aggravated the wound. These wounds are deep and take time to heal. Do 't panic but it is always good to check with your doctor.

Roseann
  • mollyz
    Options
    roseann4 said:

It takes a long time to completely heal from node removal.
    Hi Molly,
    I would check with the surgeon to start. It took almost a year before I was pain free. Sounds like you had some new activity that may have aggravated the wound. These wounds are deep and take time to heal. Do 't panic but it is always good to check with your doctor.

Roseann

@roseann4
    Thanks,that's what i was really thinking (new activity) aggravated something.....MOLLYZ
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

@roseann4
    Thanks,that's what i was really thinking (new activity) aggravated something.....MOLLYZ

Hi Molly
    I had 23 nodes removed in Dec. '09 (10+) and I get pain in that arm pit from time to time, even still. Sometimes if I have a tight non-stretch type t-shirt on, my hubby has to help me get it off--happened just yesterday! Like you, I have felt and felt that area. I agree that maybe the activity made it sore. I think the surgeon would be the one to ask for peace of mind. Good luck to you and let us know.

Hugs, Renee
  • mollyz
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Molly
    I had 23 nodes removed in Dec. '09 (10+) and I get pain in that arm pit from time to time, even still. Sometimes if I have a tight non-stretch type t-shirt on, my hubby has to help me get it off--happened just yesterday! Like you, I have felt and felt that area. I agree that maybe the activity made it sore. I think the surgeon would be the one to ask for peace of mind. Good luck to you and let us know.

Hugs, Renee

missrenee!
    thanks,I've felt so much i think I've made it uncomfortable. I will let you know what i find out. MOLLYZ