I didn't go crazy

Options
2»

Comments

• Vickilg
    Vickilg Member Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Its Just Life
    I don't understand the anger. I don't understand the blame. I have been asked before if I am angry that I have cancer and the answer is no. It makes me sad because I have a daughter that needs her mother... sad but not angry. There is no one to blame. Cancer happens just like every car crash, disease, heart attack, etc. Its just life. Its not a fairy tale.

You have a family that encouraged you, a daughter that wouldn't let you stop fighting, a son that took care of you. You sound blessed to me because there are a lot of people that have cancer that do not have the blessings that you do. They obviously love you.

Focus on the blessings you do have - not on the cancer. Life is too short to waste on negative thinking.

As I would tell my mom, make yourself a nice cup of hot tea and enjoy life.

Big hug.
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Vickilg said:

Its Just Life
    I don't understand the anger. I don't understand the blame. I have been asked before if I am angry that I have cancer and the answer is no. It makes me sad because I have a daughter that needs her mother... sad but not angry. There is no one to blame. Cancer happens just like every car crash, disease, heart attack, etc. Its just life. Its not a fairy tale.

You have a family that encouraged you, a daughter that wouldn't let you stop fighting, a son that took care of you. You sound blessed to me because there are a lot of people that have cancer that do not have the blessings that you do. They obviously love you.

Focus on the blessings you do have - not on the cancer. Life is too short to waste on negative thinking.

As I would tell my mom, make yourself a nice cup of hot tea and enjoy life.

Big hug.

Vicki -

Winter-Marie summed it all up at the end of her post
    (and quite poetically, I thought)

"So in the end, I only curse cancer, I curse that there isn't a "cure" for our cancer.

I have so much to be thankful for, but as those that I cherish such friendships of,
    have passed away, then my heart lowers in my chest, it feels so heavy,

and those whose friendship I cherish who struggle day after day, after day,
    I weep, for they struggle ever so hard, my heart is not only heavy, but my
    tears fall in such succession, that I feel at times I may never smile again.

I despise cancer, and so far I think cancer hasn't made me quite insane,
    but I wonder"

I'm not sure, but I think she writes greeting cards for Hallmark...

(lil' levity)

Stay well,

John
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    lovelly post winter
    whats sane and insane anyway???
    a dash of insaneness keeeps life interesting.
    the key word in the above sentaence is life.
    glad your here.

just hugs,
    pete