had surgery Friday 9-16-11

Options
janie560
janie560 Member Posts: 42
Had a lump removed and two lymph nodes that had grown together. The surgeon told my sister the prelimanary tests showed cleared margains, waiting for biopsy? Is this good or does it usually go bad?

Comments

• Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    Clear margins are always
    Clear margins are always good - it means the malignancy is contained. I think this is good news.
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Clear margins are always
    Clear margins are always good - it means the malignancy is contained. I think this is good news.

I agree Janie, lumpectomy
    I agree Janie, lumpectomy with clear margins is very good. Let's hope and pray your biopsy results are accurate and your surgeon is correct. Let us know when you find out, in the meantime prayers are coming your way.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

I agree Janie, lumpectomy
    I agree Janie, lumpectomy with clear margins is very good. Let's hope and pray your biopsy results are accurate and your surgeon is correct. Let us know when you find out, in the meantime prayers are coming your way.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

I agree too that it sounds
    I agree too that it sounds good. Praying for a good biopsy for you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I agree too that it sounds
    I agree too that it sounds good. Praying for a good biopsy for you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Sounds good to me
    Mu husband says my sugeron almost literally bounced out of the OR to share with him that there were clean margins and the chest wall looked clear. I had a clear PET scan after that (had chemo first). These folks know what they're talking about. Have a small celebration for now then the big party when you get the biopsy results.
  • Dobielynn
    Dobielynn Member Posts: 17
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD
    IT
    SOUNDS LIKE GOOD NEWS...
    YOU SHOULD BE GETTING YOU REST OF YOUR INFORMATION
    BACK PUT SOON. AND THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ANY FURTHER.

CLEAR MARGINS IS WONDERFUL......
  • twins_mom_survivor
    Options
    Same with me. My surgeon
    Same with me. My surgeon said basedon what he sawhegot clear margins & the lymph nodes looked severly damaged by thechemo, but wait for path report. The night I got home from hospital he called me, very, very excited to say the path report was better than expected, no active cancer cells and I was in remission already!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    This is great news Janie,
    This is great news Janie, clear margins is always great news. congratulations!!!