Short notice but can anyone come......

Options

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Thanks again to all of you.
    Thanks again to all of you. I can't wait to get this over with.
    The coffee and cinnamon rolls sounds delicious and I can smell them now!
    I'll keep you posted after the valium wears off :)
    You will all be with me in my mind. Let's hope I can control my thoughts to calm!
    Love,
    Wanda

Just read this, Wanda, and you're probably done
    by now--I hope it's over and that you did fine. Good luck with results.

Hugs, Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Sorry I'm late
    Sorry I'm late, just saw this, but I guess since it's a magic pink bus, maybe I'm still on time.

I know how you feel, I walked out of an MRI cause in spite of two tranquillizers and the tech asking my husband to come in and "help" and everyone letting me walk around and check out the machine - I couldn't do it.

Please let us know when you get the results that all is fine.

love and hugs

marge
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Push over ladies and make
    Push over ladies and make room! I want a window seat, but I just made a batch of M&M cookies and will bring em along. Wanda, my prayers and with you and I will definitely be on the pink bus.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Push over ladies and make
    Push over ladies and make room! I want a window seat, but I just made a batch of M&M cookies and will bring em along. Wanda, my prayers and with you and I will definitely be on the pink bus.

Wanda .. Wonderful idea of using a
    blind fold, guess that better than requesting to have your eyelids shut, and duct tape placed over them -- LOL if you have any lashes, they would be gone with the first rip of duct tape.

I will be there for you ... just remind the girls to keep the duct tape out of my possession.

Gentle hugs, positive thoughts and prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Wanda .. Wonderful idea of using a
    blind fold, guess that better than requesting to have your eyelids shut, and duct tape placed over them -- LOL if you have any lashes, they would be gone with the first rip of duct tape.

I will be there for you ... just remind the girls to keep the duct tape out of my possession.

Gentle hugs, positive thoughts and prayers.

Vicki Sam

Looks like
    I missed the bus. Hoping everything went good.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Looks like
    I missed the bus. Hoping everything went good.

Hugs,
    Debi

Well.........I didn't do
    Well.........I didn't do it.

I can't believe Marge's post because I could have written it. In spite of 2 pills and my daughter trying to help, I left.
    They wanted to put a neck brace on me and I just couldn't do it.

At least I enjoyed our bus trip together and Vicki Sam the duct tape made me really laugh. Thank you all for coming and
    I hope you didn't mind the ride even though I chickened out.

Hugs,
    Wanda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

Well.........I didn't do

I can't believe Marge's post because I could have written it. In spite of 2 pills and my daughter trying to help, I left.

At least I enjoyed our bus trip together and Vicki Sam the duct tape made me really laugh. Thank you all for coming and

Hugs,
    Wanda

One thing I do remember from
    One thing I do remember from my trip to MD Anderson was the signs everywhere asking if you had claustrophobia and if you needed sedation for it. Your reaction must be common. I would ask for them to knock me out!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options

One thing I do remember from
    One thing I do remember from my trip to MD Anderson was the signs everywhere asking if you had claustrophobia and if you needed sedation for it. Your reaction must be common. I would ask for them to knock me out!

Thanks Cynthia and thanks
    Thanks Cynthia and thanks for replying. :)
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Thanks Cynthia and thanks
    Thanks Cynthia and thanks for replying. :)

Wanda..
    Bless your heart....hey you tried! Since your physician needs this scan for your weLl being, talk to him about sedation....you can be sedated...

Wishing you the best...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • ginnyl
    ginnyl Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I have my shoes satting by the door just waiting for the horn. U dont have the fear of close p;aces but I know how afraid I am of just the test, Heart gors out to u but u will do it
    huggs ginnyll
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    ginnyl said:

I have my shoes satting by the door just waiting for the horn. U dont have the fear of close p;aces but I know how afraid I am of just the test, Heart gors out to u but u will do it
    huggs ginnyll

Nancy
    I guess I can ask for sedation (now I know from you girls) but why wouldn't my doctor have done that so I didn't have to reschedule? I think I made it clear of my fear, but maybe she didn't believe me (Ha Ha)

I can't tell you how much it meant to hear from all of you and I'll try again. They need to "localize" the parathyroid gland before they can remove it. Honestly, I would like to say the heck with it, but they tell me that I will feel better right away once it's removed.

It all started with extreme levels of calcium in blood and 24 urine sample. I have a lot of other symptoms too and it would be nice to be "cured" of this issue. :) (That's the word the doctor used)

Love you all!
    Wanda
  • mwallace1325
    Options

Well.........I didn't do

Hugs,
    Wanda

I'm sorry
    I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't do it, only because there was a reason for the test. I'm also sorry to hear that you're as claustrophic as I am. I truly don't see why they can't knock a person out who's as claustrophic as I am.

Enjoyed the bus ride and will do it again with you anytime.

love and hugs

marge

ps the thought of a neck brace would have sent me totally over the edge : )
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Nancy
    I guess I can ask for sedation (now I know from you girls) but why wouldn't my doctor have done that so I didn't have to reschedule? I think I made it clear of my fear, but maybe she didn't believe me (Ha Ha)

I can't tell you how much it meant to hear from all of you and I'll try again. They need to "localize" the parathyroid gland before they can remove it. Honestly, I would like to say the heck with it, but they tell me that I will feel better right away once it's removed.

It all started with extreme levels of calcium in blood and 24 urine sample. I have a lot of other symptoms too and it would be nice to be "cured" of this issue. :) (That's the word the doctor used)

Love you all!
    Wanda

Tell them you need sedation, Wanda -- push for it
    Wanda, your story makes me think of my dentist's office, which specializes in working with patients with severe disabilities.

I had never thought of it before coming to their office, but what in the world DO you do when someone who has severe dementia, or autism or mental retardation, needs serious dental work, and becomes so fearful or combative that they can't be treated? You sedate them, that's what you do!

And I'm sure the same is true for folks with those types of disabilities who need MRIs or other scans, which they do just like anybody else. So I promise you that the imaging facility (or another one in your area, perhaps?) is set up to accommodate folks who need some form of sedation -- don't you dare be shy about telling them that you do, too!

Traci
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Tell them you need sedation, Wanda -- push for it
    Wanda, your story makes me think of my dentist's office, which specializes in working with patients with severe disabilities.

I had never thought of it before coming to their office, but what in the world DO you do when someone who has severe dementia, or autism or mental retardation, needs serious dental work, and becomes so fearful or combative that they can't be treated? You sedate them, that's what you do!

And I'm sure the same is true for folks with those types of disabilities who need MRIs or other scans, which they do just like anybody else. So I promise you that the imaging facility (or another one in your area, perhaps?) is set up to accommodate folks who need some form of sedation -- don't you dare be shy about telling them that you do, too!

Traci

Tracy thanks for making me
    Traci thanks for making me laugh! I totally get what you are saying, but I laughed because it felt like you were saying I have severe dementia. I have been in a silly mood today and am finding humor ( all be it inappropiate ) in a lot of things. Spelling??

I appreciate what you said and have to see the doc who ordered the test in the morning and we Will discuss this.

Smiling........
    Wanda
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Tracy thanks for making me
    Traci thanks for making me laugh! I totally get what you are saying, but I laughed because it felt like you were saying I have severe dementia. I have been in a silly mood today and am finding humor ( all be it inappropiate ) in a lot of things. Spelling??

I appreciate what you said and have to see the doc who ordered the test in the morning and we Will discuss this.

Smiling........
    Wanda

Oh, my goodness, Wanda!
    I'm so glad you know me well enough to know I was NOT "diagnosing" you with any kind of mental illness AT ALL! I'm always glad to give you a chuckle, Wanda, but THIS one was certainly not intentional!

I work for a county agency that serves people with disabilities, and employs people with disabilities, and I've learned a lot from seeing many of them who aren't afraid to speak up and say, "I need x," so they can get medical care, or dental care, or whatever, just like anybody else. They give me more confidence to be more forthright about what I need (especially while I was going through treatment), and to know there are accommodations out there, but they won't always be offered, you sometimes have to ask (sometimes loudly and repeatedly).

So...if you decide you need a group of rowdy disability activists in wheelchairs to demonstrate out front of the MRI center for you -- I'll send 'em your way!

Traci
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Oh, my goodness, Wanda!
    I'm so glad you know me well enough to know I was NOT "diagnosing" you with any kind of mental illness AT ALL! I'm always glad to give you a chuckle, Wanda, but THIS one was certainly not intentional!

I work for a county agency that serves people with disabilities, and employs people with disabilities, and I've learned a lot from seeing many of them who aren't afraid to speak up and say, "I need x," so they can get medical care, or dental care, or whatever, just like anybody else. They give me more confidence to be more forthright about what I need (especially while I was going through treatment), and to know there are accommodations out there, but they won't always be offered, you sometimes have to ask (sometimes loudly and repeatedly).

So...if you decide you need a group of rowdy disability activists in wheelchairs to demonstrate out front of the MRI center for you -- I'll send 'em your way!

Traci

Sorry I missed the trip.
    Ask for sedation!!!!!!! Some people just can't handle what they feel are confining spaces. It's nothing to be embarassed about. I was asked before my scans so am really surprised no one thought to ask you or that your doctor didn't take that step when you made it clear that you have this issue.

Let us know when you reschedule and we'll be there!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Sorry I missed the trip.
    Ask for sedation!!!!!!! Some people just can't handle what they feel are confining spaces. It's nothing to be embarassed about. I was asked before my scans so am really surprised no one thought to ask you or that your doctor didn't take that step when you made it clear that you have this issue.

Let us know when you reschedule and we'll be there!

Ok Hopefully this is the last post on this subject!
    I'm smiling ear to ear again reading Traci's post and I hope this mood stays around for a while (unless I've really gone over the edge and am just slap happy at this point)
    Anyway just an update, saw the doc this morning and she says sedation isn't an option because you still need a tube down your throat and need more monitoring than a radiology department can give.
    To that I say, Give me a break, but whatever. Maybe all these appointments and rescheduling has really gone to my head and I don't mean in a good way! :)

It's a good thing that I have you all to keep me sane. LOL TRACI..............
    I am going again Tuesday the 27th and have more and stronger meds and will try the nuclear med one again. The reason being that it's only 20 minutes. That scan is also better images on the parathyroid. The name is Sestamibi scan if any of you are following this saga.

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated, unless of course any of you are as sick of this drama as I am!!!
    HUGS & HUGS<
    Wanda
  • mwallace1325
    Options

Ok Hopefully this is the last post on this subject!
    I'm smiling ear to ear again reading Traci's post and I hope this mood stays around for a while (unless I've really gone over the edge and am just slap happy at this point)
    Anyway just an update, saw the doc this morning and she says sedation isn't an option because you still need a tube down your throat and need more monitoring than a radiology department can give.
    To that I say, Give me a break, but whatever. Maybe all these appointments and rescheduling has really gone to my head and I don't mean in a good way! :)

It's a good thing that I have you all to keep me sane. LOL TRACI..............
    I am going again Tuesday the 27th and have more and stronger meds and will try the nuclear med one again. The reason being that it's only 20 minutes. That scan is also better images on the parathyroid. The name is Sestamibi scan if any of you are following this saga.

Thanks again and I'll keep you updated, unless of course any of you are as sick of this drama as I am!!!
    HUGS & HUGS<
    Wanda

Thanks for the update
    I'm sure you're sick of this whole thing. Hopefully the stronger meds work. If they do, let me know what they gave you, just in case they try to get me in one of those machines again. : )

We'll be there with you on the 27th, I'll be farthest from the machine telling them to let you outta that thing.

In the meantime keep laughing. While there's a fine line between happy and near hysteria, you're no where near that line yet.

love and hugs

marge
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I missed the bus-how did the
    I missed the bus-how did the road trip?

Denise
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options

Thanks for the update
    I'm sure you're sick of this whole thing. Hopefully the stronger meds work. If they do, let me know what they gave you, just in case they try to get me in one of those machines again. : )

We'll be there with you on the 27th, I'll be farthest from the machine telling them to let you outta that thing.

In the meantime keep laughing. While there's a fine line between happy and near hysteria, you're no where near that line yet.

love and hugs

marge

Marge, Love the fine line!
    OMG I'm going to use that! Thanks for coming on the 27th but you can't be the farthest away from the machine when you're gonna be holding my hand!
    XOXOXO