Options
2»

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet

Did you know after you get the injection for the PET scan you are no to go out in the public for 24 hours. They also tell you to drink plenty of water to flush out the kidneys as they filter the radiation out of the blood and into the urine.

After my PET I try to keep a distance for my family and wife as much as possible, even make the wife sleep in a different bed for the first 24 hour. Some might thing I am a nut for doing that but I don’t want my radiation to hurt anyone else until they know more about how it affects people around you. Best I know, no study has even been done on the side effects of people who live with us who do PET scan every 6 months.

Take care
    Hondo

Kidneys
    Must be why I leave dead plants everywhere I urinate when out in the woods marking my territory, LOL....

JG
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Gary 1946 said:

Scans
    Denistd,

I put scans and all of the other follow up's into the same category. I AM HAPPY TO BE HAVING THEM. Any and all of this on this site have given enough time to cancer. Don't waste your post cancer time on things we can't control.

Good Luck

Here Here!
    Words to live by! Thanks again, Gary.

Deb
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Here Here!
    Words to live by! Thanks again, Gary.

Deb

Patience thin today as I get ready for Pet results tomorrow. Denis
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Patience thin today as I get ready for Pet results tomorrow. Denis

Positive Thoughts
    Positive Thoughts Brother....

Odds are in your favor.

Best,
    John
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Praying for good results.
    Praying for good results. Keep positive.

Debbie
  • denistd
    Options
    jim and i said:

Praying for good results.
    Praying for good results. Keep positive.

Debbie

So far so good
    Had my videostrobe with Ent this morning, everything looks real good. Big moment at 2:30 this afternoon, Pet result, antsy for this. thanks for all of the support. Denis
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    denistd said:

So far so good
    Had my videostrobe with Ent this morning, everything looks real good. Big moment at 2:30 this afternoon, Pet result, antsy for this. thanks for all of the support. Denis

sending
    prayers your way!
  • denistd
    Options

sending
    prayers your way!

Scans
    Got into the Rad onc's office at 2:30 today for the results, he is a big Monty Python and Beatles fan, so we spent 10 minutes chatting about as I am a big fan of Monty and the Fab Four. however, no evidence of disease. He said "although you are not yet out of the woods, the odds are all in your favor" This to go along with the ENT's remark "throat looks really good". They don't want to see me now for another year. Thank the Lord and all of you and my wife and son. Denis
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Scans
    Got into the Rad onc's office at 2:30 today for the results, he is a big Monty Python and Beatles fan, so we spent 10 minutes chatting about as I am a big fan of Monty and the Fab Four. however, no evidence of disease. He said "although you are not yet out of the woods, the odds are all in your favor" This to go along with the ENT's remark "throat looks really good". They don't want to see me now for another year. Thank the Lord and all of you and my wife and son. Denis

Cool
    Denis

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Enjoy it. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    denistd said:

Scans

Yes!
    Great news. Hope you have an extended celebration.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Cool
    Denis

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Enjoy it. Cheers.

Jimbo

Dancing Time again
    Denis, glad to hear the NED report, you start playing and I am going to start dancing.

Take care and keep strong my friend
    Hondo
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    denistd said:

Scans

GOTTA LOVE MORE GOOD NEWS
    Dennis, congrats on the all clear. I cannot wait for the day when the docs say "see you in one year."

Best!!

Mike
  • Fatboym7
    Fatboym7 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Congrats on the great news!
    Congrats on the great news! God bless
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Happy for your good news!

Happy for your good news!