I am so proud of you

Options
I do not post often , but I read everything, and I would like each and everyone of you to know that you have more guts than any people I have ever met, Whether you are an EC patient or an EC caregiver. The pain and suffering this disease causes is so unbelievable but you all find the courage to write and ask questions everyday. I know the pain of this disease and "I GET IT". That seems to be the new phrase that we use now when talking about EC with others who have made this journey.

You are the REAL HEROS, not the ball players and others who make millions of dollars. YOU ARE THE HEROS.
EC sucks the life out of you but you are still able to go on this site daily to get more and more information on how to help yourself and your loved ones.

I lost Vince 7 months ago but he fought this with everything he had. He was sick so much but never really complained. That was just him.

I am PROUD that I joined this site and you should all be so proud of yourselves for sharing your stories and for trying to make a difference. Its people like all of you who care enogh to help others. I can never say enough about Sherry and William and Loretta. They have dedicated their lives to helping others and for giving the best advice possible.

But please remember ALWAYS.

YOU ARE THE HEROS. It takes more guts to weather this disease than any I have ever seen.

Please do what you are doing and know that being a good human being and truly helping others is the best thing we can ever aspire to.

God Bless each and every one of you

Barbara

Comments

• chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Thank you Barb!
    God bless YOU and thank YOU for such a nice post to all of us!!
    It is people like YOU that make this board a better place and keeps me coming back every day!
    Even though you lost your Vince, you still give of your time to us when you can and share your experience and hope.

You are a dear person and we all love you for that, I think I speak for everyone saying that!

We KNOW that you get it.

-Eric
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    God Bless You Barb
    Barb,
    I don't think I can add any more to what Eric has to say except that you to have helped just like William, Loretta & Sherry. This site is a special place. When I first found the site all I did was read, I found information, knowledge, love support and a community all in one place. I will never forget the first couple of weeks I would stay up half the night reading posts. I was in so much pain and turmoil but on this site I found the courage and support to go on just doing the next right thing as best that I could. I owe William & Loretta so much they are the ones that help me find the right surgeon to take care of John. I am sitting at the hospital now so I am probably rambling from fatigue. It takes a village to get through EC and the village is here!
    God Bless you Barb!
    Erica
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    God Bless You
    Hi Barb!
    Thank you for posting. You, too, are a HERO. You are a wonderful person, a wonderful wife, a wonderful caregiver. We are lucky to have you with us in our family. We are a team. We work together to help all. May Vince, and my dad, Ray continue to R I P in heaven. Until we meet them again. Hugs girlfriend!
    Tina in Va
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Thank You Barbara!
    I miss all of you, but have had to take a break from the list. Jim is doing so much better and the heart effusion turned out to be probable damage from the radiation. There was no change in the amount of the fluid in the heart sac, so that indicated to the cardiologist it isn't cancer. We are so grateful! You are right Barbara, EC does suck the life out of you, but this board helps put it back into us. We are nine months since surgery and Jim is still so thin, but eats well, drinks well, is generally doing well. We are so grateful that we caught it in time. Our hearts ache for those that didn't. We have mentored a local couple we learned about that went and are still going through EC. He is in remission too, but has had so many complications. We truly understand and can give back to them. We are planning a dinner out Saturday night for the guys to have Prime Rib! Who would have thought that they could have even thought of doing this months ago. God has been there for the four of us during this journey.

I admire the fact that you give so graciously to all of us Barbara. You have been through so much losing the love of your life Vince. Thank you so much. We are blessed to have such wonderful people like you, Sherri, Paul,the Marshall's, and so many others.

Life is good, remember that for those that are still going through the rough times after surgery. It does get better! Yesterday we took the boat out to a river (we live in North Idaho)and into a couple of small lakes. We saw a HUGE Bull Moose! What a glorious creature. We saw bald eagles and I was so grateful that we were able to take the boat out for a wonderful day of sunshine, nature, and wildlife.

I pray for all on this list daily and I never forget where we have been, and hopefully won't be back to again. I am so grateful for all of you.

Linda
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Thank you for your support. Thanks to everyone here for their support and advice. Could not have done these past few months without this site and the people on it.
    Peace to all,
    Jo-Ann
  • adube
    adube Member Posts: 63
    Options
    bless you
    Thank you Barbara. These thoughts have been on my mind the last couple weeks as I read everyone's individual stories. What amazing people you all are (you included). An inspiration for sure.

You are all always in my thoughts,

Alissa (daughter of Mike, IV)