Ouestion?

Does anyone have any information if it's commom for NHL to have a recurrance in the breast? I got a call last week telling me a spot was found on my right breast after my mammogram, and now I have to go in the morning(Thurs) for an ultra sound. They said when they compared last years mammogram to the new one,they found a spot in the upper qundrant of the right breast that wasn't there before. So... needless to say, I'm a tiny bit nervous. Has anyone here had a recurrance of NHL in the breast, or know anyone that has? Thanks...Sue (FNHL-2-3a-6/10)

Comments

• CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    no answer
    Hey Sue,

I will send up prayers and thoughts your way for a good nights sleep and immediate results from the xray tomorrow as well. the waiting is the hardest part.

Hugs!!
    Janelle
  • Go_go_Gi_gi
    Go_go_Gi_gi Member Posts: 84

no answer
    Hey Sue,

I will send up prayers and thoughts your way for a good nights sleep and immediate results from the xray tomorrow as well. the waiting is the hardest part.

Hugs!!
    Janelle

no answer
    Sue, I'm praying all will be ok and the ultrasound will show no recurrence ---waiting is definitely not easy!! Boy do we get practice in developing patience !! ;)

More hugs, Susan
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Thinking postive thoughts
    Hi Sue,
    I will be with you tomorrow in spirit. All good and positive thoughts coming your way.
    When I had my mammo in April, they found a couple of areas that were of concern. They took extra enhanched pictures right away and then did an ultra sound. The Dr felt that all was okay, but would repeat the mammo in Oct (next month) since my sister and two first cousins and an aunt have or had breast cancer. He did tell me to come back sooner if anything changed or felt different. I was having some pain, but it is now mostly gone.
    Stay strong and try not to worry to much.
    Lisha
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Hi Sue
    My second and only recurrance of NHL was a node under my left breast, initial diagnosis was from a lymph node in my left groin area. I have had no other recurrances after the node was found under the left breast and that was 23 years ago. So for me having the node in my breast for NHL did not yeild recurrances there in so many years to come so hope you can take heart in that. Everyone isn't the same but that is what happened to me.

Also on this same topic I just thought I would let you know that about 2 months ago I was startled to hear that they saw something in my other breast when I had my regular ultrasound done on my breasts as I can't have mammograms now due to nerve damage. It turned out that some wayward lymph node had taken up residency in my breast. They don't know why that happens but it happens that lymph nodes can show up in the breast sometimes. Of course that is totally no issue as lymph nodes on their own of course aren't maligant. You might want to ask them if it's perhaps just a lymph node and nothing more, they should recognize it themselves of course but it just shows them that you also have done your homework. Never hurts to let them know you are on top of things.

All the best and I hope all goes well today. Let us know. We are with you.

Hugs,

Bluerose
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Good luck !
    Good luck on your ultrasound today.
    Hopefully it's nothing or something like bluerose mentioned.

Jim
  • scuttlebug11
    scuttlebug11 Member Posts: 175
    jimwins said:

Good luck !
    Good luck on your ultrasound today.
    Hopefully it's nothing or something like bluerose mentioned.

Jim

praying its nothing
    sue i hope its nothing i had aa lump come up when i went thru treatment the first time it turned out to be a cyst let us know what you find out, my prayers are with you. blessings denise