What happened?

I tried to post a comment on the thred we had going about the actor,but when I clicked on submit, a knowtice popped up that said.."the URL cannot be found". When I went back to the discussion board the thred had been completely removed. Whats up with that?
Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Comments

• jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Don't know
    Interesting. I made a post recently but I'm pretty
    sure it wasn't offensive.

We did mention his name in the posts - maybe that's why?

I did a search and he'showing up on other cancer support like websites.
    I doubt any of us have the ability to delete a post.
    Maybe we should ask Greta?

Hmmm....
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    jimwins said:

Don't know

Hmmm....

Jim
    Hi Jim,
    Your post was not the least bit offensive and as a matter of fact it was your post I was responding to. You wrote that on the days you didn't feel like a "ray of sunshine" you blamed it on the prednisone. I was telling you that I blamed EVERYTHING on the pred during my chemo. I didn't even mention the actor so it was really weird when my comment didn't go through and then the complete thred was removed. Anyways...hang in there with the pred...it's nasty stuff, but without it, our organs would swell from the chemo, and we would feel wayyyy worse without it. I dred the thought of EVER having to take it again...(knock on wood)..ha!
    You have a good day...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Thread removal
    Is this the tread that had other post about what we felt caused cancer and what was being done about it? If it was and it was pulled then Adios on this end.I will read the post everyday,but my posting days ore over. There goes the freedom of speech. Of course it will be blamed on a computer glitch which I have been thru before. Maybe we are getting to close to the truth. John
  • allmost60
    COBRA666 said:

Thread removal
    Is this the tread that had other post about what we felt caused cancer and what was being done about it? If it was and it was pulled then Adios on this end.I will read the post everyday,but my posting days ore over. There goes the freedom of speech. Of course it will be blamed on a computer glitch which I have been thru before. Maybe we are getting to close to the truth. John

thread...
    Hi John,
    The thread was the one that Janelle posted giving us a link to one of the many articles recently published concerning the actors death. Quite a few of us posted a comment, but to my recolection nothing any of us said was either offensive nor out of line. His story was made public by the media, so there would be no reason for us not to be allowed to voice our thoughts..(in my opinion). Please don't quit posting because the thread was pulled. Your in-put is very important to all of us here and this is just another situation we will figure out how to get around. Hopefully Greta will pop in and give us an explanation. Lifes too short to let stuff like this interfere with what we do in helping each other here. I must admit I'm a bit bewildered, but by no means will I let this stop me from posting. Stay put buddy...if you leave, then they(?) win...(whoever the heck "they" are). Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    allmost60 said:

thread...
    Hi John,
    The thread was the one that Janelle posted giving us a link to one of the many articles recently published concerning the actors death. Quite a few of us posted a comment, but to my recolection nothing any of us said was either offensive nor out of line. His story was made public by the media, so there would be no reason for us not to be allowed to voice our thoughts..(in my opinion). Please don't quit posting because the thread was pulled. Your in-put is very important to all of us here and this is just another situation we will figure out how to get around. Hopefully Greta will pop in and give us an explanation. Lifes too short to let stuff like this interfere with what we do in helping each other here. I must admit I'm a bit bewildered, but by no means will I let this stop me from posting. Stay put buddy...if you leave, then they(?) win...(whoever the heck "they" are). Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

I don't get it
    Hi Sue,

I read through the posts about the young actor dying. There was nothing wrong with any of them. I don't get it. It is public knoweledge and all over the internet. I looked it up myself, since I had no idea who this young actor was. It is always very sad when a young person dies. He left behind a wife and two young children. The posts were an expression of grief and of concern. he had been in remission and was well, so to die so quickly leads me to believe there were other health issues on top of the lymphoma. If we as cancer survivors can not comment on a fellow human being who dies from the same cancer that we have and have struggled with, then what is the point of this site. I try to stay out of the "politics" of proper posting, but this makes me mad. This young actor died from lymphoma. That is the info given on all the internet sites. How sad that the thread was pulled. I will continue to try and help my fellow survivors as long as I can. I have gained from the help I have received and only hope that my thoughts and suggestions and support has helped someone else. This just makes no sense! The comments were about his death and are a topic that fits this board perfectly. I hope that GRETA will give us a true reason why it is now gone. I would like to believe that if I was to die, you and many others would be allowed to post your comments and your support to each other over the loss.
    I hope that John continues to post, as his support to me has been there from day one along with you and a few others. Today had been a **** day for me in so many ways. So if this dissapers too, well I won't be surprised. Just sad and angry. My head and heart has been in turmoil the last few days and I have been reading the posts since I find comfort from so many of them. I have not posted, just to tired and very stressed out. But this pushed my button big time. So I had to say what I feel and get it out of my system. I DON'T GET IT !

Lisha

By the way this is my edit from the post. You will see the stars that replace my word choice. It was not my doing. Just thought you should know.Big brother is watching all the time. Lisha
  • violinist1
    violinist1 Member Posts: 33
    jimwins said:

Don't know

Hmmm....

Who is greta?

Who is greta?
  • jimwins
    jimwins said:

Don't know

Hmmm....

Sent message to Greta
    For those who don't know, Greta is a staff member of the
    American Cancer Society and has been involved with them since 1995.
    I think her primary role now is with the CSN - this site.
    She responded to a discussion I posted recently regarding
    website issues.

Below is a paste of email I just sent her.
    Please don't bombard her with emails - I'm sure she's a
    busy person :).

Thanks

<>

Hi Greta,

A recent discussion topic regarding Andy Whitfield mysteriously
    disappeared. There were several postings and to my knowledge
    nothing offensive, etc in the posts - just a lot of discussion.

The title was something like "young actor dies from lymphoma at age 39"
    I know it had an "@ symbol like @39" or similar.

All the buzz is under Lymphoma, "What Happened?"

http://csn.cancer.org/node/226350

Thank you,

Jim
  • jimwins
    COBRA666 said:

Thread removal

Yes, stay put John :)
    I might want to buy that Cobra when I win the lottery ;).

I do value your comments as well as those of everyone else.
  • CountryGal7557
    CountryGal7557 Member Posts: 164 Member
    oops
    I deleted that post. We do have the ability to delete a discussion that we originated.

when I returned to the site yesterday, I saw my posting and got depressed and felt it was too sad to see on this Survivors discussion board. We don't have enough information about a celebrity to fully understand why a Stage 1 NHL patient would die within 18th months. That's what happened back in the 70's, and should not happen today.

so, no computer glitch or offensive language or special charc@ issues, just me cleaning up after myself.
  • jimwins

oops
    I deleted that post. We do have the ability to delete a discussion that we originated.

when I returned to the site yesterday, I saw my posting and got depressed and felt it was too sad to see on this Survivors discussion board. We don't have enough information about a celebrity to fully understand why a Stage 1 NHL patient would die within 18th months. That's what happened back in the 70's, and should not happen today.

so, no computer glitch or offensive language or special charc@ issues, just me cleaning up after myself.

I let Greta know
    I let Greta know.

Well, we did have a lively discussion going on :).

At least we know what happened and that we can delete
    discussions we create.

Thanks for letting us know :).

Bad "CountryGal".... ;)

Just kidding....

Hugs,

Jim
  • allmost60

oops

Thanks!
    Hi Janelle,
    Thanks so much for explaining what happened! I just couldn't figure out what any of us had said that would cause the post to be pulled....glad to know it was you. The situation was very sad and I agree, we needed more information to even begin to understand why he passed so early. Kind of scary though when we've been told we can live long lives while dealing with NHL. Anyways...thanks again for clearing this up. Have a great day!...Love...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Hey Lisha,
    I hope this makes you feel a little better knowing we didn't say anything wrong. I'm keeping your cousin and dear friend in my pryers, and of course you also. Take care sweetie and I hope your week starts to get a little better. Always thinking of you...Love, Sue
  • CountryGal7557
    jimwins said:

I let Greta know
    I let Greta know.

Well, we did have a lively discussion going on :).

At least we know what happened and that we can delete
    discussions we create.

Thanks for letting us know :).

Bad "CountryGal".... ;)

Just kidding....

Hugs,

Jim

LOL....I agree I was a bad
    LOL....I agree I was a bad girl ;)
  • jimwins
    Catwink's post about hope - exciting news potentially
    Potentially very exciting news regarding cancer treatment.

Under Emotional support I think.

http://csn.cancer.org/node/226335
  • CountryGal7557
    forme said:

I don't get it
    Hi Sue,

I read through the posts about the young actor dying. There was nothing wrong with any of them. I don't get it. It is public knoweledge and all over the internet. I looked it up myself, since I had no idea who this young actor was. It is always very sad when a young person dies. He left behind a wife and two young children. The posts were an expression of grief and of concern. he had been in remission and was well, so to die so quickly leads me to believe there were other health issues on top of the lymphoma. If we as cancer survivors can not comment on a fellow human being who dies from the same cancer that we have and have struggled with, then what is the point of this site. I try to stay out of the "politics" of proper posting, but this makes me mad. This young actor died from lymphoma. That is the info given on all the internet sites. How sad that the thread was pulled. I will continue to try and help my fellow survivors as long as I can. I have gained from the help I have received and only hope that my thoughts and suggestions and support has helped someone else. This just makes no sense! The comments were about his death and are a topic that fits this board perfectly. I hope that GRETA will give us a true reason why it is now gone. I would like to believe that if I was to die, you and many others would be allowed to post your comments and your support to each other over the loss.
    I hope that John continues to post, as his support to me has been there from day one along with you and a few others. Today had been a **** day for me in so many ways. So if this dissapers too, well I won't be surprised. Just sad and angry. My head and heart has been in turmoil the last few days and I have been reading the posts since I find comfort from so many of them. I have not posted, just to tired and very stressed out. But this pushed my button big time. So I had to say what I feel and get it out of my system. I DON'T GET IT !

Lisha

By the way this is my edit from the post. You will see the stars that replace my word choice. It was not my doing. Just thought you should know.Big brother is watching all the time. Lisha

Sue,
    I am so sorry that my

Sue,
    I am so sorry that my action caused so much stress in your life. Please accept my sincere apologies as stress is the last trigger we want in our lives.

I hope the weather is sunny there as it is here, a brisk sunny walk will do us both good.
    I'm off for a walk! hope you are too as I will be thinking of you and sending up prayers.

BIG Hugs!!!
    Janelle
  • allmost60

Sue,
    I am so sorry that my

Sue,
    I am so sorry that my action caused so much stress in your life. Please accept my sincere apologies as stress is the last trigger we want in our lives.

I hope the weather is sunny there as it is here, a brisk sunny walk will do us both good.
    I'm off for a walk! hope you are too as I will be thinking of you and sending up prayers.

BIG Hugs!!!
    Janelle

Not necessary..
    Hi Janelle,
    No apology necessary dear lady. I wasn't feeling stressed, just a bit bewildered. Just glad to know we weren't facing another situation where we have to be worried about expressing our feelings. Our weather is absolutely gorgeous here today. I've got Lizzy for the day and as soon as the sun gets to the patio and she wakes up from her nap, I'm going to take her outside to watch the birds feed in the feeder and see them splash in the bird bath. She's such a joy to have! Love ya...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
    P.S. Next weekend is the workshop on Lymphoma in Seattle...I'm getting excited about going! I'll be sure to share everything I learn.
  • CountryGal7557
    jimwins said:

Catwink's post about hope - exciting news potentially
    Potentially very exciting news regarding cancer treatment.

Under Emotional support I think.

http://csn.cancer.org/node/226335

perfect timing! by the time
    perfect timing! by the time anyone on this discussion board will need this treatment, it may be available across the world! thank you posting!
  • violinist1
    violinist1 Member Posts: 33

oops

the real diagnosis
    Hello,
    Although we would like to believe that the actor had what his publicists say he had, we realy don't know what he actually had, and we can't trust what his press releases said about his situation. With so many kinds ofclymphoma, there is bound to havebeen an error in to info. Otherwise, the outcome would have been different in light of today's medicine and knowledge. The story is so unlikely that i think we should take it with a grain of salt.