Brava reconstruction put on hold for now.......

Options
Hi all,

I went to see my plastic surgeon to have my pre-op visit since my surgery was to be this Friday, the 16th. They pulled my fiance and I into an office and explained that they can't be my plastic surgeon because my new pcp (primary care physician) won't o.k. the surgery. My pcp said I can't see this doctor because he isn't in their sub category of doctors that they have to use since my insurance is an HMO. I called the patient administrator at the pcp's office and explained to her that I have to see that doctor, he is in my network so who do I have to speak with to get this accomplished. I also told her that their isn't another doctor in this area who does the Brava surgery.

My case is now in front of the medical director for review. Please send positive vibes my way. I might sound calm, but I'm not. I am very upset about this. It happened last Tuesday and I have just now calmed down enough to write about it.

I will post when I hear something.

Love and Light,
Vicki

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have to deal with this mess! Sending positive thoughts to the review folks that you get this resolved!!!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry Vicki. I hope
    I am so sorry Vicki. I hope and pray that you can get this resolved and get the surgeon that you want. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Noel
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Noel said:

I am so sorry Vicki. I hope
    I am so sorry Vicki. I hope and pray that you can get this resolved and get the surgeon that you want. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Noel

GGrrrrrr. Ugh to managed
    GGrrrrrr. Ugh to managed care. It seems like they never
    take the needs of the pt as a priority. Hope this doc
    reviewing this can "get" this! Sending good vibes your
    way.
    good luck.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • dealdale
    dealdale Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Dearest Vicki,
    I am

Dearest Vicki,
    I am devastated for you and to learn this. It cannot be possible that you would be dropped like this. Was your surgeon billing for this procedure? I thought this Brava reconstruction was a trial and there were no surgeons actually charging insurance.
    I am going to speak with some people I know in the field to even know if this is possible.
    Your courage and bravery have been important to my own journey. I feel how shaken you must be by this. I praying and and wishing the best outcomes for you.
    with affection,
    DLee