Just Diagnosed with Breast Cancer:-(

Options
2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow so much for one family!
    wow so much for one family! So sorry to hear of your medical issues..I"ll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts..

Denise
  • thereseA
    thereseA Member Posts: 2
    Options
    welcome
    Two things have been most helpful
    Just for today I will try to live thru this day only - I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I thought I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
    Second was the book Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivors Soul
    I too am sorry you have to be here, but since none of us get to choose our own destiny good or bad, I am glad this group is here for all of us.
    Therese
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Hi!
    I'm also sorry to hear

Hi!
    I'm also sorry to hear your news, but if it helps, I am a anal cancer survivor, and non smoking lung cancer. I know how awful it is to get that 2nd primary cancer diagnosis and scare, I'm now on my 3rd! I am having a double M in November, also because of gene mutations, not because there is anything in the other breast. They recommended that I start with chemo....my favorite :). Will be having my 4th out of 6 treatments this Friday.
    I have had a couple major surgeries with my cancer....my first one spread to my liver, so I had a liver resection. I have always had surgeons I felt very confident with...I think that is key. I am opting to not get reconstruction at the time of surgery. With all I've been through and so recent, my surgeon feels it's best to heal for awhile. He said the actual surgery without reconstruction is a breeze. Only 24 hours in the hospital and then a couple of weeks to recover from being tired. He said I wouldn't even be all that sore. But I haven't actually been through it yet, like others on here...so I'm sure they can say better. But I do believe you have to mentally wrap yourself around this and feel that this is what you need and it's going to work. My surgeon said as much too. He said people who go in to surgeries with positive confident feelings about it heal faster and just do better overall. How do you get that??? Read up as much as you can and listen to all the smart ladies on this site!!!

Also, if you can they say to get out and walk every day before surgery, even if it's just a small walk!

I wish you all the best and please keep us posted!!

Wishing you all the luck in
    Wishing you all the luck in the world for your surgery!

Hugs, Noel
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    patacz
    Welcome to this board of bc survivors. I'm sorry you once again have to deal with this awful disease. I'm sure if you have any questions, someone here will have an answer or suggestion. Stay strong and believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. Doing well now.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sunshine.dance
    sunshine.dance Member Posts: 21
    Options
    catowner said:

just diagnosed
    Hi Patacz, I was diagnosed 2-1/2 weeks ago and I am having a single mastectomy this Wed. I am in a hurry to get this done so I can get the beast cut out. All of the people on this site have been very helpful and informative to me, ( I have only been on here since Sept.9th.) I wish you the best and I also am hoping the surgery goes well for both of us. Hugs, Debbie

Surgery
    Just wanted to say I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for tomorrows surgery...Good luck, I'm sure everything will go great!
  • patacz
    patacz Member Posts: 64
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

patacz
    Welcome to this board of bc survivors. I'm sorry you once again have to deal with this awful disease. I'm sure if you have any questions, someone here will have an answer or suggestion. Stay strong and believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. Doing well now.
    {{hugs}} Char

THANK YOU All!!!
    I am overwhelmed with all your replies; they helped me so much and inspired me to continue in my journey with courage. Yes, I am still anxious, scare, and unproductive, but as the date approaches, I am feeling more at peace with my decision and emotionally better. There for a while, I thought I was going to loose my mind. If nothing else changes, I will have my surgery next week, on the 21st, so please keep me in your prayers. Your advice, motivation, positive thoughts, prayers, and taking the time to reply means a lot to me. Sharing your personal experiences really touched my heart, you are amazing!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    patacz said:

THANK YOU All!!!
    I am overwhelmed with all your replies; they helped me so much and inspired me to continue in my journey with courage. Yes, I am still anxious, scare, and unproductive, but as the date approaches, I am feeling more at peace with my decision and emotionally better. There for a while, I thought I was going to loose my mind. If nothing else changes, I will have my surgery next week, on the 21st, so please keep me in your prayers. Your advice, motivation, positive thoughts, prayers, and taking the time to reply means a lot to me. Sharing your personal experiences really touched my heart, you are amazing!

I am wishing you the best of
    I am wishing you the best of luck next week with your surgery and sending prayers too.

Hugs, Jan