Flooding in the Northeast -how are you?

Options
sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
I'm located near 3 rivers the Unadilla, Chenango, and the Susquehanna. All bridges are closed and it looks like they might be for a few days. We are safe here on our hill, but so many areas nearby have been inundated by Irene and now Lee. A few towns no longer exist.
All roads closed, state of emergency.

So - roll call! Ladies in the path of the storm, how are you? Also, our Texas ladies, are you safe from the fires? I'd give anything to share our over abundance of water with you.

Sue

Comments

  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Just enough west to be fine
    We have some high streams and water in the basement, even onour hill, but overall we're okay. BUT we are watching in horror as our friends to the east are suffering. I lived through Agnes in '72 and many areas are coming close to that right now.

    PLEASE check in everyone!

    And STAY SAFE!!!!!
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options
    skipper54 said:

    Just enough west to be fine
    We have some high streams and water in the basement, even onour hill, but overall we're okay. BUT we are watching in horror as our friends to the east are suffering. I lived through Agnes in '72 and many areas are coming close to that right now.

    PLEASE check in everyone!

    And STAY SAFE!!!!!

    Northwest of the Chesapeake Bay...
    Flooding everywhere here, bridges washed away, road closures, etc. Shocking to see the news and photos on the TV. The worst I've ever seen. We are OK, some water in the basement, nothing to complain about. DH's boat still afloat. Entirely thankful here.

    Hoping to hear all are safe and dry.

    pp
  • TKMomma
    TKMomma Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Flooding
    Stsy safe. Brother lives in hsbg and have been getting updstes. Friends also in hershey and york. This is bad.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

    Flooding
    Stsy safe. Brother lives in hsbg and have been getting updstes. Friends also in hershey and york. This is bad.

    Be safe!!!!!!

    Be safe!!!!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    TKMomma said:

    Flooding
    Stsy safe. Brother lives in hsbg and have been getting updstes. Friends also in hershey and york. This is bad.

    Be safe!!!!!!

    Be safe!!!!!!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

    Be safe!!!!!!

    Be safe!!!!!!

    Thoughts and prayers going out to
    all of you in the areas of flooding in the NE and fires in Texas. Mother Nature has been very active and not always nice this summer. Please stay safe, everyone.

    Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    No flooding
    at my house, but the route I take to go scrapbooking was completely closed off today. There are roads under water and a sinkhole. My SIL goes to grad school where the parking lot had water up to the windows of the cars. Awful! My son had water in his finished basement for the first time. He lives in MA. My daughter's garage was full of water. Schools are closed and they just reopened the other day after hurricane Irene. We've gone from an earthquake to the hurricane and now heavy rains. What's next?
    Char
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    South Central PA
    I'm in Lancaster PA and it is almost as bad as Hurricane Agnes was in 1972. Most schools were closed today, roads closed, bridges out, flooded basements, people evacuated from several towns. I was stuck at home today; couldn't get out of my neighborhood due to flooding of several streams into raging rivers. Just minor damage at my house - a little water in my basement. Nothing at all compared to lots of other people who lost everything in their basements due to 6 -8 inches.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

    Thoughts and prayers going out to
    all of you in the areas of flooding in the NE and fires in Texas. Mother Nature has been very active and not always nice this summer. Please stay safe, everyone.

    Hugs, Renee

    My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with all of you going thru the floods and the fires.


    Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

    South Central PA
    I'm in Lancaster PA and it is almost as bad as Hurricane Agnes was in 1972. Most schools were closed today, roads closed, bridges out, flooded basements, people evacuated from several towns. I was stuck at home today; couldn't get out of my neighborhood due to flooding of several streams into raging rivers. Just minor damage at my house - a little water in my basement. Nothing at all compared to lots of other people who lost everything in their basements due to 6 -8 inches.

    Glad you Sisters checked in ....
    Continued prayers for your safety ... no flooding, or damage. Crazy weather ---


    Vicki Sam
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    linpsu said:

    South Central PA
    I'm in Lancaster PA and it is almost as bad as Hurricane Agnes was in 1972. Most schools were closed today, roads closed, bridges out, flooded basements, people evacuated from several towns. I was stuck at home today; couldn't get out of my neighborhood due to flooding of several streams into raging rivers. Just minor damage at my house - a little water in my basement. Nothing at all compared to lots of other people who lost everything in their basements due to 6 -8 inches.

    The weather is crazy
    The weather is crazy everywhere. Praying that it will stop and that everyone can have a safe and good weather Fall!