Options
2»

Comments

• Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    kayandok said:

Fortunately,
    I had to catch a cab with my little 79-year-old mom and was delivered 5 minutes later to the hotel. We are very comfortable here and so close to whre I need to be for now. Just great to be out of th hospital! I will go back on Monday to start removing stitches (have to do it in 2 or 3 shifts). Then Wednesday or so the chemo essay comes in, so we will discuss the next step. If I can receive this chemo that will be the "magic bullet" for me in Japan, I will head back as I regain strength. If not I'm looking for options for here.

ON a side note, the day I went in before surgery to pay my surgeon, I asked the administrator who they were using for thier chemo essay company, so I could negotiate with them ahead of time. A small Asian gal was sitting there and said, "That would be me!" As it turns out, they are a new company (will have to list info later) and ony charge $450max for those wih no insurance or whose insurance won't cover it. They want to make is possible for everyone who needs an essay to be able to get one if they need one. My mouth dropped open. I was charged $20,000 before and negotiated down to $5000, 4 years ago. So, there is movement about to support getting this essay, in a very practical way. Felt like a huge confirmation to me that day that I was doing the right thing and on the right path.

k

I absolutely love the
    I absolutely love the negotiation thing!! I also love your title...I am getting out! It just makes me smile. I am glad everything is going well.
  • vj1
    vj1 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    kikz said:

I am so happry
    for you Kathleen. I hope you continue to feel well. That is great about the financial aspect, too.

Karen

good news!
    So happy to hear your news kathleen---keep the positive flowing and stay in touch!

Verna
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    kayandok said:

Fortunately,
    I had to catch a cab with my little 79-year-old mom and was delivered 5 minutes later to the hotel. We are very comfortable here and so close to whre I need to be for now. Just great to be out of th hospital! I will go back on Monday to start removing stitches (have to do it in 2 or 3 shifts). Then Wednesday or so the chemo essay comes in, so we will discuss the next step. If I can receive this chemo that will be the "magic bullet" for me in Japan, I will head back as I regain strength. If not I'm looking for options for here.

ON a side note, the day I went in before surgery to pay my surgeon, I asked the administrator who they were using for thier chemo essay company, so I could negotiate with them ahead of time. A small Asian gal was sitting there and said, "That would be me!" As it turns out, they are a new company (will have to list info later) and ony charge $450max for those wih no insurance or whose insurance won't cover it. They want to make is possible for everyone who needs an essay to be able to get one if they need one. My mouth dropped open. I was charged $20,000 before and negotiated down to $5000, 4 years ago. So, there is movement about to support getting this essay, in a very practical way. Felt like a huge confirmation to me that day that I was doing the right thing and on the right path.

k

Kathleen....
    It does my

Kathleen....

It does my heart so much good to hear that there are corporations out there with acompassion where everyone else just seems to see their bottom line.

I may even go out and kiss a Republican tonight.

Carlene