I don't quite know how to deal with this

Options
2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I once heard GUILT is when
    I once heard GUILT is when you harm someone with intentions! So it may be confusing but shouldnt' feel guilty! Easier said then done...

Last Aug my life time like mom to me friend died while I was at Disney world...i missed her funeral by 24 hrs I USED TO feel guilty but I have since tried to think that should wouldn't want me to leave my favorite place in the world!

So try to think of wonderful friendship etc..

I"LL be thinking of you..

Denise
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Oh, Renee,
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Time, my friend, will help. I hope that does not sound cliche.

With all my heart, a huge hug,

Sue
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    my heart goes out to you. I know that every time one of our pink sisters on this board has a recurrence or the end of their battle, I'm sad for days. I think we all feel so vulnerable to this nasty disease. I see my onc next week and pray that my blood work is still ok. I have aches all over my body and always worry about mets to the bones. I think what you're feeling is normal. I'm not a religious person but feel that God has his own plan for each and every one of us. Stay strong and know that you can vent your feelings anytime.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Renee I'm sending you loving hugs. It is difficult to lose anyone and particulary someone in your group. We will all die someday that is a fact, and some sooner than others. My mom died when she was 40. I was 14 and my brother was 9 when she passed. We can ask why, but my mom always said, "when it's our time to go, it's our time'. I feel for you and your loss, but I do believe there is a higher order and we will not ever understand it on this earth. It slays me when I hear about young women, men and children who get this dreaded disease. It's important to grieve your loss and then move on and be the survivor your friend could not experience. ((((HUGS))))
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options

It is so hard to get thru something like this. Of course you feel so sad and afraid. But Renee, everyone is different, you may have a stronger constitution, she is younger so BC is more aggressive, lifestyle, etc. So you can't compare yourself to your friend. Try to busy yourself with something that you like to do. Try not to put yourself thru this in that way and try to stay positive. I know it's hard to do.
    We are here for you.
    Hugs,
    Annette

Just wanted to add
    Renee, Everytime we lose a sister here I feel so sad for days. It is so hard to get over the fact that they are gone even though most of us haven't actually met, but we have a deep connection and a loving bond. It will take time. I'm sorry you lost your friend.
    Hug to you,
    Annette
  • ldpettit
    ldpettit Member Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. This time can't be easy. Sometimes we don't always know the reason why someone goes and we are still here. Try to remeber the wonderful things about her and continue living your life to it's fullest.

I pray time will heal this wound so you can move ahead.

Thinking of you... sending you virtual HUGS and prayers!!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Renee
    I'm sorry about your friend. Like Natly, my Mom told me our days are numbered. I also have a doomed feeling about myself with my recurrance. We just don't know what the future holds for us. One day at a time is all we can do. Stay strong.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Renee, I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's always difficult to lose someone battling this disease, it really hits home for most of us. I'm glad you posted, lots of great words and great support already said. I want you to know I'm thinking of you as well and praying for you and your friends family to get through this difficult time. God is good, and He has a plan for all of us, we just have to take it one day at a time and see what comes. Big Hugs for you my Dear Sister and stay strong!!
    Miles of Love,
    Kari
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Renee, I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's always difficult to lose someone battling this disease, it really hits home for most of us. I'm glad you posted, lots of great words and great support already said. I want you to know I'm thinking of you as well and praying for you and your friends family to get through this difficult time. God is good, and He has a plan for all of us, we just have to take it one day at a time and see what comes. Big Hugs for you my Dear Sister and stay strong!!
    Miles of Love,
    Kari

Yes, losing a friend or family member from this horrible breast hits hard. It's struck my family several times. Most recently my niece several years younger. It's a hard pill to swallow. Comforting words... are hard. Prayer and reflection of beautiful lives loss helps through the slow process of grief and healing. Not to mention our own fight... Just keep the faith and know that God is good and will see us through.

God Bless You!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I don't have answers but I
    I don't have answers but I do know that some people will die that are younger than we are. It's happened to me also. Probably to everyone. The only thing I can think of is there is a reason for things that happen. It's just a mystery to us. Don't feel guilty. Just live a good life. Hugs.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    gagee said:

Please try to go on with
    Please try to go on with your life as best you can but take time to grieve. I have a very good friend with a much worse cancer than me and I feel so guilty when I complain. She is so strong and I try to learn from her. My prayers are with you at this time of your loss. Please try to stay strong.

Hugs and Prayers, Diana

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is. Allow yourself time to grieve.

Prayers and hugs,

Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

There's nothing to say that will make it feel better or answer
    your questions. I'm just sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers. We all go through this at some point and I know that's no comfort. Just know that there are sympathetic "ears" here. Peace my friend.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace in the days ahead.

♥ Kristin ♥