Thanks for the prayer
    Hondo

Praying for a good scan
    Praying for a good scan Hondo!
  • poppop57
    poppop57 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Maybe
    A scary topic but that is the reality for us. I am on another site that addresses metastatic disease. I hope that none of you have to experience it but I know many here have shared that they are not considering themselves a statistic and thought a "sub-group" in this regard would be encouraging. I hesitate to add my husband to the thread for "how long have you survived?" because he is not NED. No biggie...I still know he is battling this cancer but it does put you in quite a smaller population. Happy to be here today celebrating our 31st anniversary in good form. Visit with friends, movie, dinner with friends! Big dog chemo treatment tomorrow but today was awesome!
    Robinleigh

Happy Anniversary
    My wife and I will celebrate 31 years on Monday. She was diagnosed in April, 2007, had surgery and rads. In Jan, 2009 they found numerous mets in her lungs and liver. Tried some chemo to no effect. She continues to have slow steady progression but she's still working full time and not much seems to get her down.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    poppop57 said:

Happy Anniversary
    My wife and I will celebrate 31 years on Monday. She was diagnosed in April, 2007, had surgery and rads. In Jan, 2009 they found numerous mets in her lungs and liver. Tried some chemo to no effect. She continues to have slow steady progression but she's still working full time and not much seems to get her down.

Happy Anniversary, poppop
    Very glad to hear not much gets your wife down. With mets in her lungs and liver, I'm sure she has some wonderful things in her life to help balance it out. Hope you guys can celebrate in the way that makes you two happiest.
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    poppop57 said:

Happy Anniversary

Poppop
    Happy anniversary to you, as well. Just goes to show that even with mets and more treatment, many years can be ahead of us. That is exactly what I was searching for. I want to live life like no one knows when their last day will be...and no one really does. I am in a growing period of learning how to believe in "treasuring one day at a time". I pray for more strength and wisdom to live in a more enlightened way. Thank you for sharing.
    Robinleigh
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Pam M said:

Happy Anniversary, poppop
    Very glad to hear not much gets your wife down. With mets in her lungs and liver, I'm sure she has some wonderful things in her life to help balance it out. Hope you guys can celebrate in the way that makes you two happiest.

Pam
    You are a dear! Thank you for your compassionate replies. You deserve all the best.
    Robinleigh
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    I'm only counting down my
    I'm only counting down my radiation treatments right now. I had surgery Aug. 2010 for lump on upper lip. Radiation, recovered (?) went back to work as a kindergarten teacher in Jan. 2011. June I noticed a lump on my neck, after many appts and tests, more cancer. Very rare to occur on the opposite side. Doctors were shocked. Neck dissection July 22 and now finishing my second week of radiation. I plan on adding to this a big number, I have 3 year old twin grandsons and I want to be around to watch them grow up.