No ear tubes for me today! Flash flooding. ***posting a couple pix****

Comments

• buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Wimpy?
    No way are you a wimp. You have survived head/neck cancer and its treatment. Karen
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member

Don't count me as brave yet.
    Don't count me as brave yet. I haven't actually done it yet, and I am scared. I wish I had someone to go with me. I would like someone to be there with me to hand hold. Sometimes it really sucks being alone.

Ears
    I wish I lived there to go with you. It is tough to go for things alone, let alone when it is something you are so anxious about. Can you take an Adivan and stay for awhile afterwards?
    I live alone also and usually have someone with me, but many times do go by myself as most of my friends still work. Can you call your local Cancer Association? We have one here that will partner you up with someone.
    Hang tough Sweetblood22 and we will all be thinking of you. I tell myself in times of having something done that I don't like that I am where I am supposed to be and close my eyes. Seems to help me.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

Don't count me as brave yet.
    Don't count me as brave yet. I haven't actually done it yet, and I am scared. I wish I had someone to go with me. I would like someone to be there with me to hand hold. Sometimes it really sucks being alone.

Sweet

I may not be there in person but I will be there in spirit. Knowing the Lion that you are you will do well; Just remember and don’t Claw the doctor till he is finish.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Thanks peeps.
    Thank you Nancy, Hondo, Roger and Karen, for the support and ideas. I really appreciate it.
  • sweetblood22

Thanks peeps.
    Thank you Nancy, Hondo, Roger and Karen, for the support and ideas. I really appreciate it.

Well, I should be getting my
    Well, I should be getting my ear tubes in, but instead, I'm sitting here eating lunch. We are getting torrential rain and flash flooding, and the roads around my house are flooded, washed out and or closed! It's a mess. When I called to cancel and reschedule, the first appointment open wasn't until October 5th.

So, we are stuck here at the sweetblood farm for a while. Cannot get off the property!
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member

Well, I should be getting my ear tubes in, but instead, I'm sitting here eating lunch. We are getting torrential rain and flash flooding, and the roads around my house are flooded, washed out and or closed! It's a mess. When I called to cancel and reschedule, the first appointment open wasn't until October 5th.

So, we are stuck here at the sweetblood farm for a while. Cannot get off the property!

So sorry
    Hope all is safe for you in the flooding. So sorry to hear there is another delay in getting relief. Big hug and prayers.

Debbie
  • Hondo

Flooding

Sweet when you do jet them make sure you carry two toothpicks with you all the time; you will need them the next time it floods. lol

Joking aside, get your ENT to make you some ear plugs for when you take a bath or want to go swimming. Remember you don’t want water to get in to your inner ear or you will get an infection like I got. I wish this on no one, the pain in the head is worse then the cancer pain.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Hondo said:

Flooding

Sweet when you do jet them make sure you carry two toothpicks with you all the time; you will need them the next time it floods. lol

Joking aside, get your ENT to make you some ear plugs for when you take a bath or want to go swimming. Remember you don’t want water to get in to your inner ear or you will get an infection like I got. I wish this on no one, the pain in the head is worse then the cancer pain.

Hondo

Toothpicks when it floods?
    Toothpicks when it floods? I'm not getting that. ???

My cousin told me to get ear plugs that are moldable, and use them in the shower.

It's still pouring. This is crazy. This tropical storm Lee remnants is worse than the hurricane last week.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    I will be thinking about you
    Sweet,

I am thinking about you and hope it goes well. I do not think that you are whimpy in any way.

Kathy
  • sweetblood22
    Pumakitty said:

I will be thinking about you
    Sweet,

I am thinking about you and hope it goes well. I do not think that you are whimpy in any way.

Kathy

Kitkat
    Thank you, you're so sweet. Hope you are doing well this week.
  • sweetblood22
    here is a link to my town and a couple of surrounding towns
    this is major distruction. :(

FLOOD
  • waywest
    waywest Member Posts: 44

FLOOD

Flood
    Holy cow! What a mess. Get them to instal Inner tubes instead of "ear" tubes. You might need them to go shopping:-).
    Did you ever get any milk?

W
  • Hondo

Toothpicks when it floods?
    Toothpicks when it floods? I'm not getting that. ???

My cousin told me to get ear plugs that are moldable, and use them in the shower.

It's still pouring. This is crazy. This tropical storm Lee remnants is worse than the hurricane last week.

Toothpicks
    The holes are so small in the tubs a toothpick can plug them, but if you prefer yes you can use the ear plugs in there place. lol

Take care sweet
    Hondo
  • Hondo

FLOOD

Sweet
    From looking at the pictures I would not buy a FORD truck right now. I hope you did OK during all of this.

What a mess
    Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Hondo said:

Sweet
    From looking at the pictures I would not buy a FORD truck right now. I hope you did OK during all of this.

What a mess
    Hondo

Nope. Never got my milk.
    Nope. Never got my milk. I am thankful, however, that I am sitting down to my first hot meal of real food in two days.

A Ford truck ain't gonna cut it when the roads and bridges are gone. :(
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member

FLOOD

Hi Dawn, I just looked at
    Hi Dawn, I just looked at your pictures. I was sorry to hear you didn't get to go get your ear tubes but with all the flash flooding you made the right call to wait. After all you have been through we wouldn't want you to risk having to swim for it. After 2 months, it will really be sweet when you can finally hear again. Take care of yourself (and grandmother) and keep us posted when the day comes. Your friends, Homer & Connie
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006

FLOOD

Where in Pa
    Sweets,

From looking @ your pictures, especially the on with the road sign, with Danville on it, where in PA ( guessing) are you located? Some of my family lives in Sweet Valley, and the others in Dallas/Trucksville.

Linda
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    My tubes
    Took less than 5 minutes, no pain just ear drops, outpatient, and I loved them! Never knew when they fell out.
  • sweetblood22
    osmotar said:

Where in Pa
    Sweets,

From looking @ your pictures, especially the on with the road sign, with Danville on it, where in PA ( guessing) are you located? Some of my family lives in Sweet Valley, and the others in Dallas/Trucksville.

Linda

Linda
    I am in Moreland Township, Lycoming County PA. I am about 20 miles from Bloomsburg, 15 miles from Muncy, and 30 miles from Williamsport.

I know where Dallas is. I have gone there a bunch of times. I love the Dallas clock shop. I think it's called Ye Olde Clock Shoppe. It's just past the Friendly's in a little plaza there. I have three Small World clocks in my room. My step mom probably has 40 clocks in her house????

I don't know where Sweet Valley is though.
  • sweetblood22
    Greend said:

My tubes
    Took less than 5 minutes, no pain just ear drops, outpatient, and I loved them! Never knew when they fell out.

Denny, I read that there are
    Denny, I read that there are two kinds. I think I did. One kind falls out, and the other stays in. I forgot to ask about that, and what they were putting in.