Post Pet Scan Results

Options
2»

Comments

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options

primary as hot spot
    well, idk anything about pet scans, really, but wouldn't is make sense or even be "better" if the hot spot were the primary tumor site, because that would have been the greatest radiated spot, and then the hot spot would more likely be because of damage, no? as opposed to it being some new random spot to worry about. course what makes sense in my head, doesn't always fly. i have only had the one pet scan before my surgery and way before rads started.

You are right, that makes
    You are right, that makes perfect sense. I am hoping that it is radiation damage. I am wondering why the doctor would recommend another biopsy as opposed to waiting it out.
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    ratface said:

My values
    For comparison's sake my original PET SUV for the the cervical lymph node was 9.8 and my primary site at the BOT was 4.8. Biopsy is really the only definitive way of knowing. FNA biopsies leave much to be desired but it is your first step. It may be inconclusive as well so prepare yourself for an actual surgical biopsy next. Wishing you the best outcome!

NOOOOOO!!!! What, are you
    NOOOOOO!!!! What, are you trying to burst my happy bubble today.. LOL!! I know the FNA is not the most popular way to go. I have full confidence in my husbands ENT surgeon and I have to beleive he knows what he is doing. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    arndog64 said:

NOOOOOO!!!! What, are you trying to burst my happy bubble today.. LOL!! I know the FNA is not the most popular way to go. I have full confidence in my husbands ENT surgeon and I have to beleive he knows what he is doing. Thanks for the heads up.

arndog
    Will be thinking about you guys next week. Sending positive thoughts your way for a clear biopsy!

Greg
  • waywest
    waywest Member Posts: 44
    Options
    arndog64 said:

If it makes you feel any better...
    Our situation mirrored yours exactly. ENT was half conveinced that there was residual cancer at the original tumour site. A month down the road - biopsies, scans and a whole lot of nailbiting..NED! Don't put too much emphasis on those Sports Utility Vehicles. They fooled us too!
    W.