I have a question

Options
Ok guys Jorge has been having pain from his hip down his legs when he lays in bed . The chemo that he is on is Folfox and oxy . The pain gets better after he starts walking around . Now here is the big dumb question jorge's cea count is at 7 now could the cancer be in his bones .man I'm going crazy .

Comments

• tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    up
    Up
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

up
    Up

Can't help you Tina, but i got very often bones pain due
    to chemo specially in my collarbone and arms, no scan or pet has detected any bone problem!
    Hope it helped you!.
    Hugs.
  • tina dasilva
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Can't help you Tina, but i got very often bones pain due
    to chemo specially in my collarbone and arms, no scan or pet has detected any bone problem!
    Hope it helped you!.
    Hugs.

Thanks pepe
    Every little thing helps
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    had a lot of bone pain w/ oxy
    Tina,

I had bone and also joint pain while on oxy and for quite a while afterwards, as well. It did get better & I don't have any cancer in my bones. I thought for awhile that I might have rheumatoid arthritis, but tests showed negative for that. Actually, what I was told by the naturopathic dr. I've recently gone to is that chemo (and maybe especially oxaliplating in this case?) depletes your body of minerals & a lack of minerals can cause bone and joint pain. I started taking calcium and potassium and a general vitamineral type supplement & my bone/joint pain really got better.

Lisa
  • tina dasilva
    Options
    lisa42 said:

had a lot of bone pain w/ oxy
    Tina,

I had bone and also joint pain while on oxy and for quite a while afterwards, as well. It did get better & I don't have any cancer in my bones. I thought for awhile that I might have rheumatoid arthritis, but tests showed negative for that. Actually, what I was told by the naturopathic dr. I've recently gone to is that chemo (and maybe especially oxaliplating in this case?) depletes your body of minerals & a lack of minerals can cause bone and joint pain. I started taking calcium and potassium and a general vitamineral type supplement & my bone/joint pain really got better.

Lisa

oh lisa
    He's not taking anything because the doctor said not to take anything until chemo is over but I'm going to put him back on it
  • pscott1
    pscott1 Member Posts: 207 Member
    Options

oh lisa
    He's not taking anything because the doctor said not to take anything until chemo is over but I'm going to put him back on it

Tina,
    I'm on Folfox

Tina,

I'm on Folfox w/Avastin and I have terrible pains in my legs and hips but mine is because of the Neulasta shot I get after the 5-FU pump is disconnected. Is he taking that shot?

Pam
  • tina dasilva
    Options
    pscott1 said:

Tina,
    I'm on Folfox

Tina,

I'm on Folfox w/Avastin and I have terrible pains in my legs and hips but mine is because of the Neulasta shot I get after the 5-FU pump is disconnected. Is he taking that shot?

Pam

pam
    Pam no he does not get a shot . I'm so scared
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

pam
    Pam no he does not get a shot . I'm so scared

don't be scared Tina.......
    Folfox is a bear...and the hip and leg pains are relatively normal. I still have muscle spasms in my calves and thighs when I stretch. Its side effects of your body taking a thumping because of the chemo.....Keep him as active as possible...laying around will make it worse but sometimes you just gotta rest.....It will take time....patience grasshopper....love to you both, buzz
  • tina dasilva
    Options
    Buzzard said:

don't be scared Tina.......
    Folfox is a bear...and the hip and leg pains are relatively normal. I still have muscle spasms in my calves and thighs when I stretch. Its side effects of your body taking a thumping because of the chemo.....Keep him as active as possible...laying around will make it worse but sometimes you just gotta rest.....It will take time....patience grasshopper....love to you both, buzz

Buzz
    Buzz when you were on this chemo did your cea up beforE it went down
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Tina
    OMGosh, I was scared about the same thing, because of my bone pain in my arms. It appears that it's a side effect from the chemo. These things tend to scare us don't they? But I wouldn't worry, it seems a few of us suffer from it. (Banana's help with the potassium issue better then supplements, so a banana a day wouldn't hurt, I had a co-worker that was potassium deficient and his doctor had him eat two banana's a day, which worked well for him). I admit I have to take pain pills on occasion for my leg pains as well.
    Winter Marie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

Tina
    OMGosh, I was scared about the same thing, because of my bone pain in my arms. It appears that it's a side effect from the chemo. These things tend to scare us don't they? But I wouldn't worry, it seems a few of us suffer from it. (Banana's help with the potassium issue better then supplements, so a banana a day wouldn't hurt, I had a co-worker that was potassium deficient and his doctor had him eat two banana's a day, which worked well for him). I admit I have to take pain pills on occasion for my leg pains as well.
    Winter Marie

my cea stayed about the same......
    but no one is the same ...don't read anything into that statement Tina.....relax and quit worrying until there is something to worry about.....now breathe...:) buzz
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina...my hips and knees
    Hi Tina...my hips and knees are the worst. I never had this problem before treatment. I think it's a combination of radiation and chemo for me. I hope Jorge gets better!

love, gail
  • tina dasilva
    Options
    plh4gail said:

Hi Tina...my hips and knees
    Hi Tina...my hips and knees are the worst. I never had this problem before treatment. I think it's a combination of radiation and chemo for me. I hope Jorge gets better!

love, gail

thanks guys
    Thanks guys the doctor called today and he's going to send jorge for a MRI
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options

thanks guys
    Thanks guys the doctor called today and he's going to send jorge for a MRI

Bone Scan
    Tina,

See if they will do a BONE SCAN instead. They inject you with a tracer and you have to wait about 2 hours for it to circulate throughout the body. Then they lay you on another type of scanner for about 90 minutes or so and it scans all over your body.

It's not painful, just tedious. But, it will tell you if there is cancer in the bone or not.

I've had them done before. It is a better indicator than an MRI.

-Craig
  • keystone
    keystone Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart! You sound
    Bless your heart! You sound JUST like me. I cringe at every ache and pain my hubby has. He also is complaining of leg pain. I'm not a Dr. but in all my research colorectal just doesn't go to the bones, prostate definitely can. I blame Phils pain on the radiation cause I have read where it can cause degeneration of the bone. So I'm going to tell you what everyone tells me....take a deep breathe!!!
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes
    My wife had the same pain on FOLFOX w/Avastin.

Best
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Deep breaths
    Deep breaths and hug Jorge. Hold on to him until that panicky feeling goes away. Later when ever you start to feel panicky again, just remember that moment hugging Jorge - or if he is around, hug him again.