away diving in papua new guinea, tcm, tagamet/cimetidine, testimonial and thank you pepe

pete43lost_at_sea
pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
edited August 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
just a little note to say I'll catchup with the forum in a few weeks as I am away on a diving holiday with 7 other adventures to papua new guinea to dive in clear blue waters and see and photograph some amazing scenes hopefully. This is my number one passion since I retired 11 years ago. the link below is where we are going to.

http://www.diveadventures.com.au/pages/destinations/PNG/rabaul_kabaira.htm

I saw my TCM oncologist yesterday, he was happy with my blood tests, which we went over in detail. He was not happy about minor thrush and what it represents for my immune system. We had a good long open, frank chat, the key points I wanted to relay here for anyone else looking for alternative supports. We

He checked my pulse.

He was focussed on my bowel motions, how many times. I said recently about 5 times a day on average. some days much worse. that I am taking some immodiums each day. I know his focus with the current herbs has been to support my digestive and elimenation systems and blood. We have not gone into the heavy duty herbs to fight reoccurence and mets yet. but we are starting as soon as i get back from png.

He wants to increase the strength of the herbs month by month to see what my digestive system can handle, the trick is also to sip the tea over a few hours rather than scull it all fast. I raised trying to improve my white blood counts, even though they are in the normal range, they are on the low side and my lymphocytes have always been 0.5. Nothing in diet, chemo, supplements has increased or decreased them. but now we have a focus on the herbs to raise my white blood counts and the lymphocytes. i'll report back in six months. i loved science at school, and now I can run experiments on myself.

The other TCM key point raised was that some trendy asian herbs are very expensive, he said if you have the money then use them, if not then better results can be had with cheaper herbs that operate together. he used the words synergy and effectivness. so I a glad I have not spent large sums of money on a single pill. I spent $139AUD for a months supply of herbs. Of course I have to boil and prepare them daily, but its not that hard when you get inot the grove.

I got this amazing reference book from the life extension foundation, among its cancer cures section was tagamet/cimetidine for colorectal stage 1-3, but particularly stage 3 which is my staging. Tanstafl and others have mentioned this before as well. I am pretty convinced by the research but cannot get drug prescribed for at present. I cannot buy it over the counter here, I tried last night, I need a supportitive gp. I have not raised this with onc or surgeon but should. I need to put together the email asking for the script with reference to the studies. I suspect the negative answers anyway, becuase obviously its not evidence based medicince yet or they woulod recommend it. The same is true for walking therapy.

Now I wanted to just thank pepe for his support of my exercise post. I ain't been near a gym in 25 years. I have no discipline in my life before crc, now I am training every week day after dropping the kids to school. I am enjoying the workouts and have a sense of achievement. My wife turned up for her workout, just as I was finishing mine and she brang my super vegetable juice. how nice of her. Without pepe's support and motivation I would not have gotten over the training/ discipline hump. I may have stayed a couch potatoe. Soon after getting crc we got rid of the cable tv, not sure why but I don't miss it, I don't have time for tv.

Tonight I maybe asked to give a testimonial about how I have changed my life since crc. About my new diet, the exercise, no alcohol, no caffeine, no dairy ( very little ) no more drugs. Except for chemo when I was on it. The life I am living now is so much healthier, I hope I get the message to be healthy and get checked for crc a cross to the audience.

hugs,
pete

Comments

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Pete's adventures
    diveadventures
    Making it an easy link for those of us following Pete (thanks to Phil's tutorage!!!)
    Enjoy, Enjoy Pete!!
    Winter Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea

Pete's adventures
    diveadventures
    Making it an easy link for those of us following Pete (thanks to Phil's tutorage!!!)
    Enjoy, Enjoy Pete!!
    Winter Marie

thanks winter marie
    I will try and master the link thing when I get back.
    I have been dreaming daily of the clear blue waters and photogrpahing fish and other exotic creatures up in those amazing tropical waters.

hugs,
    pete
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

thanks winter marie
    I will try and master the link thing when I get back.
    I have been dreaming daily of the clear blue waters and photogrpahing fish and other exotic creatures up in those amazing tropical waters.

hugs,
    pete

when are you coming back Pete?
    Take care my friend!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

when are you coming back Pete?
    Take care my friend!

i get back on the 16th september
    and on the 18th is my daughters first communion.