I am DONE with Radiation!!

Options

Comments

• emamei
    emamei Member Posts: 146
    Options
    I'm so happy for you...
    Congratulations!!! Keep us all posted on the next leg of your journey!
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Options
    emamei said:

I'm so happy for you...
    Congratulations!!! Keep us all posted on the next leg of your journey!

done with rads
    Congrats on finishing rads! Hope the rest of your treatment goes well.
    BTW, my rad center has an all-day Christmas party in Dec., so former patients
    can stop by for some cookies & punch at any time on that day. The techs said
    that it gives so much hope to current patients that it is well worth the effort
    to bring back the "graduates." Wishing you the best....
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

congratulations!
    Great that you are done! I'm almost 1/2 way there..12 down and 16 to go!

Laura

Rad grad!
    Congratulations!

Hugs, Jan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

congratulations!
    Great that you are done! I'm almost 1/2 way there..12 down and 16 to go!

Laura

I started to post congrats
    I started to post congrats and saw I had already twice! Sorry about the double post
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    That is cause for
    That is cause for celebration!

Happy hugs,

Linda
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

That is cause for
    That is cause for celebration!

Happy hugs,

Linda

Now on to tamoxifen. LOL..
    Now on to tamoxifen. LOL.. congrats on getting the diploma, it's going to be a great holiday weekend.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

THE DAY I remember is my
    THE DAY I remember is my last Rad day..little dipoloma etc...I was so excited...end of it all not counting mammos and many office visits...

congrats

densie

This is always
    a great day! Congrats!

Hugs, Lex
  • Tkitty
    Tkitty Member Posts: 56
    Options

Now on to tamoxifen. LOL.. congrats on getting the diploma, it's going to be a great holiday weekend.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Congrats
    I have 6 more rad treatments. Looking forward to being a rad grad too....Have a fabulous weekend. Celebrate!!!
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Yay!
    Radiation Graduation....Congratulations!!!
    Celebrate!....or, ok, just rest!
    Sybil
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    CAchick said:

Yay!
    Sybil

Party Time!
    Or just simply relax and enjoy life. Whatever feels best, my best congratulations for a cancer-free future.

Suzanne
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    CAchick said:

Yay!
    Sybil

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Hugs,
    Lorrie

LOL :)
    I know, right? I was counting the days! I so wanted to go on that tamoxifen...sooo bad! :)

I started it 30 days ago and so far I have hot flashes, yellow discharge and a level of depression with anxiety attacks. Not too bad. Waiting to see if it gets better with time.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    I am not going to lie..I now feel unprotected. I almost went back the next day and asked them to give me a couple of more sessions (boosters) - :(

My skin is really sensitive too. The nipple bends on different directions - ouch! - and the skin is mostly burned on the surrounding areas, around the breast, especially at the top and below it. I had the radiation face down so it was different from most cases. My ribs hurt from the position I was in. Wow, this is quite a journey.

But I am also grateful that I had the opportunity to get treatments. I had two family members (one being the most important person in my life) go through this beast with limited resources. It is already bad enough with treatments, but having no opportunity to fight it or get the best treatments is awfully sad. And to think of the amount of $ Drs. charge for this? It can save lives yet it is the one of the most - if not most - expensive treatments out there. :(

I pray we're all OK. But better yet, I pray for a cure. SOON!
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options

Thank you all!
    I am not going to lie..I now feel unprotected. I almost went back the next day and asked them to give me a couple of more sessions (boosters) - :(

My skin is really sensitive too. The nipple bends on different directions - ouch! - and the skin is mostly burned on the surrounding areas, around the breast, especially at the top and below it. I had the radiation face down so it was different from most cases. My ribs hurt from the position I was in. Wow, this is quite a journey.

But I am also grateful that I had the opportunity to get treatments. I had two family members (one being the most important person in my life) go through this beast with limited resources. It is already bad enough with treatments, but having no opportunity to fight it or get the best treatments is awfully sad. And to think of the amount of $ Drs. charge for this? It can save lives yet it is the one of the most - if not most - expensive treatments out there. :(

I pray we're all OK. But better yet, I pray for a cure. SOON!

Whoot Whoot
    A big congratulations & You Go Girl!!! I understand about the burns. I had 3rd degree burns all over my chest, underarm & liver area. My burns finally healed a couple of weeks ago. Keep using your cream & rest, rest, rest.

Hugs & God Bless you,

Dawne
  • Solange49
    Solange49 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Whoot Whoot
    A big congratulations & You Go Girl!!! I understand about the burns. I had 3rd degree burns all over my chest, underarm & liver area. My burns finally healed a couple of weeks ago. Keep using your cream & rest, rest, rest.

Hugs & God Bless you,

Dawne

Congrads
    Congratulations on completing your rads!!! That's awesome!!!

Diana
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm Jealous!
    But I am thrilled for you. Congratulations.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    RE said:

YIPPEE!
    I love these posts, congratulations so happy for you!!!

RE

Congrats!
    ♥ Kristin ♥

Congrats!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
    Congrats to you!!! What great news to hear ~ I have 4 rad treatments remaining.. This gives me hope :-).
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Solange49 said:

Congrads
    Congratulations on completing your rads!!! That's awesome!!!

Diana

Way to go! Congrats!
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • wejettin14
    wejettin14 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Celebration is in Order
    Thank goodness you are done with radiation. Make sure you continue to treat the skin with whatever they told you to use. Now, it's time to celebrate.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I am so happy for you. Thank
    I am so happy for you. Thank God its over.

God Bless you
    and lots of hugs

Wanda