Concern about Pam5 and Question

Options
2»

Comments

• pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options

Is she better?
    I don't like that this is hanging on so long and we're approaching a 3-day weekend. Promise me that if she is not improving that you get in touch with the oncologist on call and/or go to the ER. Might be time for some IV antibiotics or stronger intervention. On the other hand, your oncologist knows a lot more than me about what to worry about and what to allow time to heal.

I'm sorry Pam is having such a hard time with chemo. I really hate it.

Suzanne

Hi Andie, thanks for the updates on Pam
    I was searching all over the site and finally found you. How's Pam doing? I really wish the docs could get a handle on the situation for her. It pains me to hear about how bad she is feeling. Is she still scheduled to continue with chemo? It's coming around in a week or so, right? Is she scheduled for rads? I am not hormone - ER/PR - positive so I can't help with the hormone therapy question, but I know other women here probably know, so you might want to open a new topic regarding that question.

Now that it's a holiday weekend, I hope the se's stay to a minimum. Please promise us that if Pam's fever spikes or anything gets unbearable, you get her to the ER ASAP. Somebody has got to do something and next Tuesday is just too long to suffer thru this. Please don't hesitate to call her Oncologist too!

Please, please take care of her.

hugs, Debbie
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options

Hi Andie, thanks for the updates on Pam
    I was searching all over the site and finally found you. How's Pam doing? I really wish the docs could get a handle on the situation for her. It pains me to hear about how bad she is feeling. Is she still scheduled to continue with chemo? It's coming around in a week or so, right? Is she scheduled for rads? I am not hormone - ER/PR - positive so I can't help with the hormone therapy question, but I know other women here probably know, so you might want to open a new topic regarding that question.

Now that it's a holiday weekend, I hope the se's stay to a minimum. Please promise us that if Pam's fever spikes or anything gets unbearable, you get her to the ER ASAP. Somebody has got to do something and next Tuesday is just too long to suffer thru this. Please don't hesitate to call her Oncologist too!

Please, please take care of her.

hugs, Debbie

neulasta - side effects
    I just looked up neulasta side effects and Pam is correct about the breathing/lung issues. I am getting neulasta too, and I didn't know this. They only warned me about bone pains as an SE. I don't know if there is an alternative for the neulasta, but I don't think it is something you can forgo, if you need it.

Please keep us updated. Looking forward to a post from Pam too, when she is up to it.

Take care!
  • Andie3
    Andie3 Member Posts: 39
    Options

neulasta - side effects
    I just looked up neulasta side effects and Pam is correct about the breathing/lung issues. I am getting neulasta too, and I didn't know this. They only warned me about bone pains as an SE. I don't know if there is an alternative for the neulasta, but I don't think it is something you can forgo, if you need it.

Please keep us updated. Looking forward to a post from Pam too, when she is up to it.

Take care!

Neulasta SE and Pam5
    Pam's feeling a little bit better this morning, partially because she was able to get a long and full night's sleep--something the coughing has been keeping her from doing.
    In fact, my sense is that she'll be able to post herself today!

Pink, here's the thing about those SE: first, there's the neulasta effect on the lungs. But Pam's also on cytoxin, and one of the side effects of that particular chemo is lung involvement--so basically, she's getting a double-whammy.

She's planning to talk with the onco about the possibility/viability of another chemo cocktail, since she agrees with you that stopping the neulasta isn't a option.

I hope you are all having a good weekend; you have my thoughts and my thanks!

Andie