Sometimes we don't always say it but...............

Options
Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
Heatherbelle just wrote something beautiful on the Terminal post and she inspired me to post this.

I just want to thank you all so much and also say that I Love You All. I'm sorry if I sound a little mushy

but this board and you ladies have helped me beyond all my expectations. I thought we might list just a few things that

meant so much to each of us so we can all see how important this group of Kindred Spirits is. If it's okay, let's

not mention names but just the help that we got.

Thanks and LOVE YOU again!

1. I learned that it's okay to vent, cry, complain and be good myself.
2. I learned to be accepted here when others couldn't understand.
3. I learned that most of us know more than doctors because we have lived it. (not medical of course, but all the rest)
4. I know that I wish I had found this site sooner and not when treatment was done.
5. I know that I could never be without all of you ever again in my life.

Comments

• dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I learned that
    there are others who understand what I am going through. We are not alone!
    That is HUGE.

Laura
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    I learned that
    it is OK to reach out and ask for help (something I almost never did).

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I learned that
    If you get here early enough and get educated, you can keep the doctor on his toes and insure better health care for yourself. I have also learned that many things in life shift thier level of importance one you get this diagnosis.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I learned that
    If you get here early enough and get educated, you can keep the doctor on his toes and insure better health care for yourself. I have also learned that many things in life shift thier level of importance one you get this diagnosis.

that you can open yourself
    that you can open yourself up to other people and be vulnerable ans still be ok
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    What I have learned and am thankful for..
    Is that I have this amazing group of women who really "get it" and this site has saved some of my relationships with family and friends because they don't understand. I have also learned it is normal to not be over it as soon as treatment is finished, I'm not nuts,that is how you are supposed to feel

Thanks everyone,

Jennifer
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    grams2jc said:

What I have learned and am thankful for..
    Is that I have this amazing group of women who really "get it" and this site has saved some of my relationships with family and friends because they don't understand. I have also learned it is normal to not be over it as soon as treatment is finished, I'm not nuts,that is how you are supposed to feel

Thanks everyone,

Jennifer

I have learned
    and been given the strength it takes to keep on fighting. Everyday I am inspired by so many women on this board whom are back in the ring with their pink gloves. Fighting not just for themselves and their families but for all of us whom have come to rely on their wisdom.

Lorrie
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    To be able to talk to
    To be able to talk to some-one who understands everything you are feeling and doesn't judge you when you cry.

The help, advice, support and friendship that is given unconditionally and with so much love.

Angela
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Thank you Wanda. This group
    Thank you Wanda. This group has been here for me all the way and then some. this was my sole support when I was in active treatment and I must say that I have met some of the most wonderful, supportive people on these boards. Kindred spirits and pinks are we. I just happened to stumble on this sight one evening and thank God that I did. Hugs
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Thank you Wanda. This group
    Thank you Wanda. This group has been here for me all the way and then some. this was my sole support when I was in active treatment and I must say that I have met some of the most wonderful, supportive people on these boards. Kindred spirits and pinks are we. I just happened to stumble on this sight one evening and thank God that I did. Hugs

Acceptance
    Over and over I see pink sisters accepting each other, looking beyond our differences and finding the common thread. Periodically somebody posts something that gets people inflamed and agitated and always always we come back together and reach for acceptance.

I love this site and all of you because it takes each and every one of us to make the circle whole.

Peace to all,
    Victoria
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have learned that I can be
    I have learned that I can be vulnerable. I can ask for help. And then accept it. And best of all I have learned that I can help others and make a difference, thanks to all of you I think I am a better person now. I have also learned that you can love people you have never met. Thank you all for being there when I needed you.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

I have learned that I can be
    I have learned that I can be vulnerable. I can ask for help. And then accept it. And best of all I have learned that I can help others and make a difference, thanks to all of you I think I am a better person now. I have also learned that you can love people you have never met. Thank you all for being there when I needed you.

I love that one.........
    You

I love that one.........
    You can love people you have never met.
    So true!
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    I knew you were somewhere, I just had to find you.
    I did not find CSN sisters until I was finished with radiation with the recurrence. Whether you are at the beginning, middle, or end of treatment, no one understands a sister better than another sister. No one listens, supports, accepts.and loves a sister like another sister. You continue to teach me, and then I share that knowledge with others. God Bless Every One of You.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this Post
    This site provides so much to me.

1. You guys give me hope.
    2. You give me comfort.
    3. I've learned that there are actually good people out there?
    4. I feel welcomed and cared for.
    5. You all GET ME and understand me.
    6. You are all sisters to me, really.

Thank you all for your love and support. I hope I can contribute some things too.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    and I LOVE your wonderful
    and I LOVE your wonderful post here as well :)
    *xoxo*
    heather
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    I always wanted a sister now
    I always wanted a sister now I have sooo many! I know I can come to all of you and know that I will be comforted and cared for and put my many concerns to rest. It feels so nice to comfort others who are going through the same thing.
    Annette