Dizzy anyone?

Options
tko683
tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
I wondered if anyone has had any wierd dizziness after completing chemo and radiation. Mine started right during my radiation and has never gone away. They told me that sometimes chemo damages the nerve that controls balance in your inner ear and that causes dizziness. Mine seems to be getting worse instead of better and it is starting to be so hard because driving is a real challenge. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem. Thanks, Teri

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Teri,
    My ears ring

Teri,

My ears ring constantly and I do have some trouble with dizziness. But I also have high BP, so I never know if the dizzies are related to the neuropathy or the BP.

I do recommend you get it checked out though. When my ears started ringing, I talked with my onc. He wanted my PCP to handle it, but after testing they finally decided the ringing is because of the neuropathy.

I hope this helps.

Linda
  • lilac08
    lilac08 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Teri
    I had really bad balance when I started Taxol chemo in 07/15/11. I swayed alot ! My Knees Buckled alot during Taxol chemo. My onc. didn't want to talk about it. I have a new onc. now.

Teri, your posting helped validate what I am , still, sometimes going through.

I will be out of chemo 10/01/11.

Dee
  • thereseA
    thereseA Member Posts: 2
    Options
    lightheaded
    I am lightheaded when I stand and sometimes walking. No problems when driving. Doc is not concerned. BP coming down
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lilac08 said:

Hi Teri
    I had really bad balance when I started Taxol chemo in 07/15/11. I swayed alot ! My Knees Buckled alot during Taxol chemo. My onc. didn't want to talk about it. I have a new onc. now.

Teri, your posting helped validate what I am , still, sometimes going through.

I will be out of chemo 10/01/11.

Dee

yes I have dizziness but I
    yes I have dizziness but I had a really low blood pressure, so it helped when that improved. took a long while though. i still am off, but I do have neuropathy as well, and am not a physically strong (working on that) as I used to be. Its not enough to impair driving but you should have it checked. P.s. My docs werent really concerned it was a cancer thing. (RECURRENCE)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    thereseA said:

lightheaded
    I am lightheaded when I stand and sometimes walking. No problems when driving. Doc is not concerned. BP coming down

sometimes
    but some meds can cause diziness too. Check for side effects and talk to your onc. For me it's not too bad and not too often. I kind of expected a problem since I have such problems with motion sickness. I don't seem to have as much trouble with the dizziness since starting yoga but that's where I do have to watch sometimes if we hold a position too long with my head too low. I'm learning when to pull out of a pose. Overall though the yoga has helped me and helped my balance etc.
  • mckevnic
    mckevnic Member Posts: 71
    Options
    skipper54 said:

sometimes
    but some meds can cause diziness too. Check for side effects and talk to your onc. For me it's not too bad and not too often. I kind of expected a problem since I have such problems with motion sickness. I don't seem to have as much trouble with the dizziness since starting yoga but that's where I do have to watch sometimes if we hold a position too long with my head too low. I'm learning when to pull out of a pose. Overall though the yoga has helped me and helped my balance etc.

Dizzy, yes
    I had dizziness during chemo especially if I got up from sitting. Once chemo stopped I was better. During radiation, I was a little wobbly at times, but not really dizzy.

I hope things get better for you! Don't forget to tell your doc too.

Chris