Doing All I Can to Put the Word Out About Ovarian Cancer Through Videos Now!

msfanciful
msfanciful Member Posts: 559
It's been a while since I've been on the boards and now that I'm back it's still shocking to see so many new names/faces dealing with ovarian cancers.
For those who do not know me, I decided to take a break from the board at a time when we seemed to be losing so many sisters in this fight. It was overwhelming and I felt so helpless at the time, I had to put my energies towards something I could make a difference with.
Through volunteering with various cancer causes, I began to see a need for our sisters about this cancer as well as a need and way for them to live with their cancer diagnosis. Many newly diagnosed ovarian cancer ladies were very depressed and even more shocking; many women did not even have an idea of what to look for (as far as symptoms) or how to even look for the signs of ovca. I was appalled! Thats when I decided to start informing women about this cancer through my videos and the response and thankful comments have been phenomenol and encouraging!
So I am now bound and determined to become one of the many faces and voices of fighting against ovarian cancer (all gynecological cancers)because it brings me great joy to know I am helping someone out there realize she's overdue for her exam and who turns around and sets that appointment as a result! It excites me to know that because I want to give this knowledge to women that someone found out she did indeed have ovarian cancer (but that it was caught early)! Yippee! I am providing my link/s to these videos and I hope you share them with someone who you feel needs them. It may just save a life! I miss this board as when I was in deep despair, it and the ladies who are a part of it brought me through my diagnosis, my fears with info and empowering words. I in turn hope to do the same. God Bless and I hope all gain a positive perspective from the videos!
Sharonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqa3npRCHDo/ #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Za5l8X6n9Q and finally #3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgX1cuF7POo&feature=related

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    I have been following your vidios
    on facebook and they are very inspiring. You put and face and a name of a true fighter,,thank you..val
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    I have also seen your videos
    I have also seen your videos and think they are a good idea. I try to spread the word too and I was also thinking about doing videos as well, more the better. I am shocked that nobody even knows that teal is the ovarian cancer color. My fiancé owns a martial arts school and we got special shorts made with his logo and a teal ribbon on the front in order to support and get the color put for people to see. I get comments all the time about it.
  • msfanciful
    You Are Both Right!
    Thanks for your support!

You are both right; nobody really knows what our colors (teal) are...nor do they know much about this insidious cancer! :-(

I think its a great idea about your doing videos too! The more of us, the better I say! :-)

Maybe one day the world will be ready to put us right up there with breast cancer, because more of us succumb to ovca than breast cancer, even there are tons more breast cancer cases; but because ours is so difficult to discover...alas; it is usually way too late for us!

I love you ladies, please take good care!

Sharon
  • EnglishGal
    EnglishGal Member Posts: 101
    Thank you
    I have bookmarked your videos to watch at a later date, Sharon. Thanks for the great service you have provided here.

I just want to say how healthy and vital you look! It gives me great hope. I was diagnosed in May 2010 with ovarian cancer and received six sessions of Carboplatin/Taxol, and I am currently in remission and doing well myself.
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member

You Are Both Right!
    Thanks for your support!

You are both right; nobody really knows what our colors (teal) are...nor do they know much about this insidious cancer! :-(

I think its a great idea about your doing videos too! The more of us, the better I say! :-)

Maybe one day the world will be ready to put us right up there with breast cancer, because more of us succumb to ovca than breast cancer, even there are tons more breast cancer cases; but because ours is so difficult to discover...alas; it is usually way too late for us!

I love you ladies, please take good care!

Sharon

Sharon thank you for your
    Sharon thank you for your video I am just starting my fight with ovarian cancer I was told on June 4th I am stage four it so helps having someone who has gone through this to help me understand what is to come

Anne
  • msfanciful
    Hi Anne and Englishgal,
    Yes,

Hi Anne and Englishgal,

Yes, it is possible to lead a fulfilling life, and I'll be the first one to admit it is not
    an easy task.

It has been 4 1/2 years for me and I guess I am so thankful, because I never dreamed that I would have lived this long, so just being here gives me reason to give thanks and joy.

You ladies can do it too! And don't let anyone or anything block your blessings!

Stay true to you,

Sharon
  • dreamer007
    dreamer007 Member Posts: 61

Hi Anne and Englishgal,
    Yes,

Hi Anne and Englishgal,

Yes, it is possible to lead a fulfilling life, and I'll be the first one to admit it is not
    an easy task.

It has been 4 1/2 years for me and I guess I am so thankful, because I never dreamed that I would have lived this long, so just being here gives me reason to give thanks and joy.

You ladies can do it too! And don't let anyone or anything block your blessings!

Stay true to you,

Sharon

videos
    Sharon,

just watched one of your videos, and will watch some more of them...
    very encouraging words, thoughts
    i just learned that my ca125 shot up 60 points, and do not want to
    let that make me lose hope... im still learning how to live with cancer,
    and you seem to be able to get to the core of the process

this will be my second time in the last 6 months, that things are "uncertain",
    and that i have to be concerned
    thank you for spending time reaching out to cancer survivors,and those in treatment

dreamer
  • msfanciful
    Hi Dreamer,
    I've had that

Hi Dreamer,

I've had that happen to me after being on a clinical trial of DOXIL, CARBO and AVASTIN for a period of six months. Six months later my numbers seem to go up immediately afterwards. (You can imagine my dismay after having been in remission after the first 8 rounds of chemo for 1 year and 1 month.)
    But dispair, because I've been on an oral treatment of etopocide (didn't work)numbers shot up afterwards and 30 pills cost $2000.00?

After that I did the weekly treatment of taxol for 12 weeks and the first 3 weeks my numbers went to a 3 and I'd been in remission for almost 1 year until this last round of radiation I completed about 1 1/2 month ago. My ca-125 is now 3 again! Sigh!

It's a crazy circle that we have to go through, but you'll get through it.

Love to you,

Sharon