Starting to feel like a real member LOL

just finished second week radiation from upper lip to below collarbone right across.

Cancer op site feels raw and wisdom teeth op sites feels raw inside of right cheel is swollen and raw,and throat is really starting to hurt, tongue slides on roof of mouth as its not even sticky. Don,t take this the wrong way just stating it like it is. Have read enough of other peoples woo's not to feel sorry for my self but feel for others.

Comments

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    RayTodd,
    Feel sorry for

RayTodd,

Feel sorry for yourself a little, this is tough treatment. But don't dwell on the negative to long. You will beat this thing. There is light at the end of the tunnel. No one should have to go through this much torture, but the alternative is not good.

Praying for a lessening of pain.

Debbie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Awwww
    Awww schucks, you sound fine to me...you're tough anyways, you're from the frontier down under.

Best to you Ray, and hang in there, it's gonna get worse before better. But the better will eventually be much better...

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Doing good
    Glad to hear you are doing well with the first two weeks, hope you keep doing well and keeping positive.

Hondo
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Skiffin16 said:

Awwww
    Awww schucks, you sound fine to me...you're tough anyways, you're from the frontier down under.

Best to you Ray, and hang in there, it's gonna get worse before better. But the better will eventually be much better...

Best,
    John

your kidding
    IT GETS WORSE aaaaahhhhh LOL
  • Goalie
    Goalie Member Posts: 184
    RayTodd said:

your kidding
    IT GETS WORSE aaaaahhhhh LOL

It gets worse but it gets better
    You've got about two months that will not be fun and then, after that, things will get better, faster or slower, but better. I have now been on here for just about a year and have started to see people come in and get sick (or sickened) and wonder how tehy were going to make it, and then get better. I was one of them myself. Last week was the one-year anniversary of the first operation and the real start of the fun. While I admit to being one of the lucky ones, a year later I feel great, am playing lots of hockey, and traveling internationally for work. You can hardly tell that I went through the whole thing. If I only had more saliva and such, it would be all OK. I hope you do as well. Let us help you.

btw, I really enjoyed the Land of Oz the couple of times I was there for work. It is one of the few countries I would move to in a minute (with a job, of course). Doug