awesome news

Options
Not really a discussion point but I am excited and I have to tell someone : ) My husband finished radiation just over a week ago...and tonight he came to me and told me he could taste his soup! Tomato and garlic with basil : )

Comments

• neilswife
    neilswife Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Great News!
    I can't wait until we're there! :)
  • ahamric
    ahamric Member Posts: 92
    Options
    neilswife said:

Great News!
    I can't wait until we're there! :)

I'm sure in time you will
    I'm sure in time you will be! It has been a long and hard road and we never thought we'd be here. Rest assured the day will come. Good luck to you and Neil : )
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Always Nice
    Those are 2 great milestones: end of rads and the 1st sign of any kind of taste finally returning. Awesome!!! I remember them well. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    amazing
    Love to hear all the good news. Congrats

John
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good News
    Thanks for the great news. I remember how great it felt to finish radiation and the return of taste was wonderful. I am happy for you and I hope all the healing goes well.

Roger
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I am jealous
    I am jealous. Jim has been done with rads 8 days and still everything taste nasty. I am however thrilled for you and hubby.

Wishing you many more milestones.

Debbie
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Wonderful news!!
    Wonderful news that he has finished treatment but even more wonderful that he has begun to taste food so quickly and it will only get better with each passing day!!!
  • elwoodsinoakdale
    elwoodsinoakdale Member Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Wonderful news!!
    Wonderful news that he has finished treatment but even more wonderful that he has begun to taste food so quickly and it will only get better with each passing day!!!

Fantastic
    Great News
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    MMM sounds good
    When can I stop by.....

Congrats..., not sure if he had rads or not..if so, he's doing outstanding. It took me several months to taste much of anything that didn't taste nasty...even water tasted like sweat.

Now at over two years out, I have nearly 90 - 95% of both taste and saliva back.

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

MMM sounds good
    When can I stop by.....

Congrats..., not sure if he had rads or not..if so, he's doing outstanding. It took me several months to taste much of anything that didn't taste nasty...even water tasted like sweat.

Now at over two years out, I have nearly 90 - 95% of both taste and saliva back.

Best,
    John

Soup for two
    One week out and taste is coming back that is great news, keep up the good work soon he will be asking for more as his brain comes back on line with taste.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

Soup for two
    One week out and taste is coming back that is great news, keep up the good work soon he will be asking for more as his brain comes back on line with taste.

Hondo

One week.
    That is an incrediibly short period of time. How lucky for him! It took me months, and I am over two years out and my taste is not near what it was, and I have to be careful with tomatoes, because the acidity gives me mouth sores.

Glad he is doing better.
  • waywest
    waywest Member Posts: 44
    Options
    awsome news
    I love that you are celebrating the baby steps! Keep up the wonderful attitude!
    W.
  • robinleigh
    robinleigh Member Posts: 297
    Options
    Hooray
    For things tasting good! It has been trial and error here but, interestingly, tomato soup has been enjoyable. Wolf gang puck makes one that is good and fattening!!
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

MMM sounds good
    When can I stop by.....

Best,
    John

Hay John
    That reminds me was that not soup you were eating just a few weeks out of treatment at Shells?

Hondo
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Taste
    What a wonderful moment that is when taste returns. The first solid food Buzz ate was meatball soup. It still brings tears to my eyes when I remember that look of wonder and pure joy on his face. Karen
  • robertjuy
    robertjuy Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Celebrating a milestone
    Celebrating a milestone gives hope. Feel free to share away =)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hay John
    That reminds me was that not soup you were eating just a few weeks out of treatment at Shells?

Hondo

Shrimp Pasta in Cream Sauce...
    I'm a prior Marine, I like pain, LOL.....

It had enough creamy sauce to slide down with minimal effort. Taste wasn't much there, but I could get a hint of flavor. I was still on the bottle back then....bottled water that is.

I didn't leave home with out it, LOL...

JG
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Wonderful
    Very cool - and to be able to eat tomatoes and garlic this soon - yay!
  • ahamric
    Options
    thank you everyone for all
    thank you everyone for all your encouraging words.He is on his way for sure. every day he can taste something new. I am so proud : )
  • ahamric
    Options
    Pam M said:

Wonderful
    Very cool - and to be able to eat tomatoes and garlic this soon - yay!

TY Ms Pam : ) You have been
    TY Ms Pam : ) You have been a great resource and dare I say friend. Thank you for everything : )