Bleeding 6 Months After Surgery

jepsj5
jepsj5 Member Posts: 18
edited August 2011 in Ovarian Cancer #1
HI EVERYONE! I know you all are a VERY close knit group of ladies with lots of support and great advice and words or encouragement. I do read up on here from time to time. My mom is a fighter also...she is on the boards as well. She introduced me here as I am so thankful she did! I like reading about each and everyone of you and your journey and how strong you all are....it takes alot of courage and strength!

Anyways, I am a BRCA2 carrier as my mom. I had my surgery to remove my ovaries and tubes only in Dec 2010. I am 35 so i went straight to menopause after surgery. I have had the whole dryness and hot flashes(the worse) right after surgery. Well in June, everything stopped completely with the hot flashes as well as the dryness. The hot flashes stopped but the vaginal discharge has increased as the months go on. In late June, I had some brownish spotting. Called the doc office and she said due to dryness but i was still having discharge that was clear prior. She said call if it continues. Well in July same thing happened but now some red spotting and now things are getting a bit worse. Here i am in August and i am havin a period it seems with bloating, cramps, sore boobs, you name it!....have any of you experienced this??? I am starting to freak out a bit...thanks for listening! The Doc did call me back today and she thinks Uterus Atrophy....i have a hard time thinking that way since i have been having clear discharge for the last 3 months. So we have an U/S set up in mid Sept...but just wanted to pick at ur minds a bit and see if any of you ladies or anyone you know has experienced this...thanks in advance!

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Seems odd
    I've never experienced this phenomenon. But myself, and I would guess everyone else on this board who has been diagnosed, has had their uteruses removed. I am no expert, but your symptoms make it sound as if something somewhere in your body is still producing hormones. Or your ingesting something that is similar to hormones. I'd bet CarolenK would have an idea as to what is going on with you.
  • jepsj5
    jepsj5 Member Posts: 18
    Tethys41 said:

Seems odd
    I've never experienced this phenomenon. But myself, and I would guess everyone else on this board who has been diagnosed, has had their uteruses removed. I am no expert, but your symptoms make it sound as if something somewhere in your body is still producing hormones. Or your ingesting something that is similar to hormones. I'd bet CarolenK would have an idea as to what is going on with you.

:)
    Thanks...i would think most of you would have had your uterus removed too....thanks for the reply!:)
  • Susan777
    Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Menopause
    I had my hysterectomy in June of this year and have never had a discharge or blood. I do have HOT flashes and night sweats. Was this a preventive hysterectomy or do you have cancer?
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Susan777 said:

Menopause
    I had my hysterectomy in June of this year and have never had a discharge or blood. I do have HOT flashes and night sweats. Was this a preventive hysterectomy or do you have cancer?

Hormonal influence
    I agree with Tethys that you're getting some kind of hormonal influence that is affecting your whole body--not just your uterine lining.

Rapid weight loss can flood the body with estrogen. Some rejuvenating face creams actually contain plant-based estrogenic & progestogenic compounds (and you can't figure it out from reading the label). Soy and other herbal products that are supposed to help menopause symptoms may be making your situation worse. There are many environmental hormonal influences.

Try eating an organic, vegetarian diet for a month (stop using your current lotions & creams) & see if you improve.

Carolen