Sleep All The Time

Options
All my hubby wants to do is sleep, is this normal, I worry so much about him, he says I am fine just let me sleep. He eats very little and is so skinny. 4 months how much longer before he is able to stop feeling so weak.

Linda

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda
    Have his thyroids checked and see if there may be a problem there. Some sleeping is OK as his body is still healing but like anything to much of a good thing can become bad sometimes.

Also might want to have his Vitamin D levels checked as that too can make him week and sleepy all the time, and then put him on a good muti-vitamin supplement, Something else that will be good for him is Omega-3.

Wishing you well
    Hondo
  • elwoodsinoakdale
    elwoodsinoakdale Member Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Linda
    Have his thyroids checked and see if there may be a problem there. Some sleeping is OK as his body is still healing but like anything to much of a good thing can become bad sometimes.

Also might want to have his Vitamin D levels checked as that too can make him week and sleepy all the time, and then put him on a good muti-vitamin supplement, Something else that will be good for him is Omega-3.

Wishing you well
    Hondo

Thanks
    He goes in next Tuesday for blood, will get the Omega-3 and see if it helps. He takes a one a day vitamin. I don't know the food thing is the big issue he just does not want food, this is all so scary.

Thanks

Linda
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sleep
    Hello Linda, Does your hubby get any exercise? Very moderate exercise may help with the extreme fatigue and wanting to sleep all day. On the face of it, the thought of exercise makes one think it would promote more fatigue, but the reality is that it will help build up his stamina. I'm not talking about a full workout at the gym, rather a walk down to the corner or around the block to start and gradually increase it from there. Slowly building up his stamina can only help fight the fatigue and help his body recover from the treatment. Getting out of the house may also refresh his mind, which is important too. It will also give him a 'goal' to work towards each day and a sense of accomplishment. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Thanks
    He goes in next Tuesday for blood, will get the Omega-3 and see if it helps. He takes a one a day vitamin. I don't know the food thing is the big issue he just does not want food, this is all so scary.

Thanks

Linda

Anytime
    When my Thyroid went out about a year after treatment I also most fell to the ground I was so weak all the time. So hoping it is something simple like that so he can start feeling better in a few days.

Omerga-3 is a Fish Oil so it should also help with all the Vitamins lost from treatment

Take care
    Hondo
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Sleeping, Fatigue & Hydration
    As mentioned before....

You say he is eating very little....no calories equals no energy, his body is still healing. If he isn't taking in enough, his body will get the fuel from a different source.

Imperative to stay very hydrated, take in more fuel (calories) whether it be solid food or liquid as Ensure, Boost, etc....even if he doesn't like it or taste it...it's what you have to do to heal.

Sleeping, rest and recovery....

When I felt the worse, all I wanted to do was sleep. The more I slept, the worse I felt, the less I would eat or drink, the worse I felt, the more I slept, etc, etc,etc.....

Hydrate, take in fuel, get some exercise and rest....

JG