Hi mates it is FRIDAY! any interesting plan for the weekend?

Options
2»

Comments

• lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options

We're currently preparing

We're currently preparing for the hurricane on Sunday - our house appears to be in its' direct path. Should be "fun".... Wish us luck!

Thinking about all you guys
    Thinking about all you guys on the East Coast and watching Hatteras one of my favorite places. Good luck,

Laura
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    abrub said:

Battening down the hatches
    in anticipation of Irene's visit tomorrow. Tho I'm pretty far inland, we are in the main strike zone for damages.

Ah, yes, the apocalypse! First a rare earthquake, then a few days later, the storm of the century!

We were going to visit our mothers 140 miles further south, but somehow, with the flooding, winds and storms, that doesn't seem like a very good idea! Next week, Mom!

just keep safe at home Alice!
    hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    buckeye2 said:

Husband is golfing today.
    Husband is golfing today. Next week is first week of school and I have to get ready. I have been nervous about this day for 45 years in a row. Success is determined by whether or not we get all kids home to the right place the first week. Lisa

Hope a good weather Lisa!
    hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Working this weekend and actually here right at the moment...
    I wish all East Coasters well in the wake of the weather...I will be here at work and lurking on CSN.......12 more actual working days left.....buzz

Hope you got a good weekend Buzz!
    hope the best to the Easterns as well!
  • biz
    biz Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Church and cooking
    Just going to church as normal. Think of making Gwumpkies (cabbage leaves stuffed with ground meat and rice, usually with some vaguely tomato-based sauce lightly spread over them). I'm Polish and this is one of my favorite things to eat. And Pepe, even though it is only my husband and I living here I make two cake pans full. I'll freeze them and take them out for meals months down the road - oh they are so yummy. Have fun at the beach.

Kim

Kim-recipe
    Sounds good. Is this a sharable recipe?
    -Biz
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    biz said:

Kim-recipe
    -Biz

Problem with me is I'll hardly ever measure anything. My daughter always asked for recipes too and I'd always have to show her. Ingredients are cabbage stuffed with hamburg, chopped onion, spaghetti sauce, rice, salt and pepper. After wrapping cabbage pour more sauce over rolled caggage. Sorry it's not more specific.

Kim
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    lauragb said:

A dog swim
    If my bowels cooperate, we will taking our dogs to the city pool for a dog swim. The Humane society has a fund raiser by inviting folks to bring their dogs to the pool to swim before they close it up for the season. I really want to go so I can laugh. It is a comical scene!

In balance and light.
    Laura

Might be a real pisser!
    I hope nobody pees in the pool!
    Glad it's at the end of the season but what a great idea!
  • biz
    biz Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Problem with me is I'll hardly ever measure anything. My daughter always asked for recipes too and I'd always have to show her. Ingredients are cabbage stuffed with hamburg, chopped onion, spaghetti sauce, rice, salt and pepper. After wrapping cabbage pour more sauce over rolled caggage. Sorry it's not more specific.

Kim

Thanks! I'd like to try it
    I'll be able to figure out proportions. Do you cook the cabbage first? Bake the whole thing?
    Thanks.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    biz said:

Thanks! I'd like to try it
    I'll be able to figure out proportions. Do you cook the cabbage first? Bake the whole thing?
    Thanks.

Cabbage
    Cook cabbage first that way it is easy to roll the mixture in, then bake on 350 for about 1 1/4 hour (or until mixture inside is cooked).

Kim
  • pepebcn
    Options
    biz said:

Kim-recipe
    -Biz

Sorry but I'm useless in the kitchen!
    hahaha!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    lauragb said:

A dog swim
    If my bowels cooperate, we will taking our dogs to the city pool for a dog swim. The Humane society has a fund raiser by inviting folks to bring their dogs to the pool to swim before they close it up for the season. I really want to go so I can laugh. It is a comical scene!

In balance and light.
    Laura

Must be really fun Laura!
    LOL.
  • yoga
    yoga Member Posts: 87
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Must be really fun Laura!
    LOL.

We returned last night from our week on the East Coast. Time to rest before tonight's family dinner and prepare myself for #26 starting Tuesday morning.
    I too am thinking of my family and all of you on the East Coast - when we left on Friday everybody was starting to get ready. Stay safe!
    yoga jo
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    yoga said:

We returned last night from our week on the East Coast. Time to rest before tonight's family dinner and prepare myself for #26 starting Tuesday morning.
    I too am thinking of my family and all of you on the East Coast - when we left on Friday everybody was starting to get ready. Stay safe!
    yoga jo

I am helping getting my
    I am helping getting my granddaughter off to University, she is leaving tomorrow. I will miss her but she will be home for christmas. We are having a family day picnic at the lake.