Another good CT

Options
oriontj
oriontj Member Posts: 375
My husband just had his ct scan this morning and of course said he wanted to know the results before his appointment next Wednesday. I feel if there is bad or distressing news it's best to hear it at home. Then you can get your emotions under control to plan the next attack.

He got a call tonight that the CT shows everything is stable. Stable meaning, the tiny little patch they think is ec cells has not done anything different. So I guess they count this ct scan period and appt his two weeks break. They will put him back on chemo again.

It would of been nice to have a longer break but not if the cancer comes back. He has a hard time with neuraphy from the chemo and some foods can taste like cardboard but he plows on even golfing.

So we are blessed again that it isn't growing.

jan

Comments

• Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi Jan,
    I'm so happy to hear that you got some good news! I'm glad he's still out there golfing and doing the things he loves. I'm sure that greatly helps with his emotions and healing.
    I certainly know your debate about the chemo break, it's such a hard, yet ever so important decision.
    Take care,
    Chantal
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are stable
    Jan,

I am happy to hear the news was good. I am sure Tom would like to have heard the scan was clear, but stable is good news too.

I admire the fact that Tom will not let cancer define his life and goes forward no matter what. I strive to do the same. Some days are better than others.

I will continue to pray for "good days" for Tom.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • casp42
    casp42 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    paul61 said:

Glad to hear things are stable
    Jan,

I am happy to hear the news was good. I am sure Tom would like to have heard the scan was clear, but stable is good news too.

I admire the fact that Tom will not let cancer define his life and goes forward no matter what. I strive to do the same. Some days are better than others.

I will continue to pray for "good days" for Tom.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

Jan
    Jan,

Great news! What days are you at u of chgo.? My dad has 3 more days of radiation after tomorrow and hopefully last day of chemo. We have an appt with Dr. Ferguson on weds.

Carolyn
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Congratulations on his
    Congratulations on his wonderful fighting spirit and for your support. Hope he continues to receive benefit from the treatment.
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    Options
    casp42 said:

Jan
    Jan,

Great news! What days are you at u of chgo.? My dad has 3 more days of radiation after tomorrow and hopefully last day of chemo. We have an appt with Dr. Ferguson on weds.

Carolyn

Nexr Wed
    We'll be there next Wed, I have no idea what time. This is his appointment with Dr. Villafor so we'll see what she has planned next.

jan
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    This is great news! It's
    This is great news! It's good that your husband still does things he enjoys--like golfing.
    Sandra
  • mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Stable is good!
    Jan --
    So happy to hear that things are stable. Hope you two can enjoy some fun before chemo starts again!
    Mary
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    mruble said:

Stable is good!
    Jan --
    So happy to hear that things are stable. Hope you two can enjoy some fun before chemo starts again!
    Mary

congrats to your hubby and you!!
    Hi Jan,
    Glad that the scan was stable!!! hope the plan of action is one that is good for your hubby! take care,
    Donna70