Just had followup after tests...

Options
2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

You are so strong
    Carol, your strength and courage are so inspiring. You are really going through a tough time but you still have so much tenacity. I know that someone with your fortitude will be okay. I hope this chemo continues to keep you stable for a long long time after it is over and that the side effects tail off very soon.

Best wishes,
    Clementine

Praying for you Carol.
    Hugs,

Praying for you Carol.

Hugs, Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Carol,
    I'm so sorry that you have pain. It sounds like your dr is on top of everything. Keep posting, we're here.

Sue

I'm sending lots of hugs and
    I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers!

Love, Leeza
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Carol, That trip seems like
    Carol, That trip seems like just what the dr. ordered. You will feel better once off chemo, build up your strength and enjoy life for awhile before you have to go back to chemo. After 9 months of chemo, you deserve a break. Hope you get to go to the beach. You inspire us and we hope the best for you in the coming days. Keeping you right up there in our thoughts and prayers.

prayers going out to you
    Yes, being off chemo is scary but your body probably needs the break after 9 months.

You are such a strong woman and an inspiration to us all!

Laura
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Carol ...
    I so admire you, and your take on life with this beast. I am so inspired by you, your attitude and FIGHT.

Keeping you close to my heart, and in prayers.

Vicki Sam

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    camul said:

I cant tell you all what each of you and this site means to me.
    Your support, prayers, and yes Traci your humor:) means everything to me. I read your posts and most of the time they lift me. Yesterday was hard. Hardest was trying to explain to my boys why not having chemo is scarry. As much as I hate it, it has been one thing that psychologically meant that I was part of the active fight to get this bas*ard. Now without it it will almost be like riding solo.

Didn't get much sleep, but kept going back to what it will be like not be sick for so many days out of each month, until we resume the chemo, and that made me smile. Then one of my 4 sisters suggested when my numbers come back up after I finish, we should get all 4 sisters together and take a trip to Minnesota to see my sister and her family, and see all our relatives in Wisconsin. That would be nice, but I think going home to so. California and the beach, San Diego and Orange County would be better. So we will see. They all think I need something fun.

Still hard to believe that I started chemo in January, and it will be 9 months 3x a month! Amazing! And so thankful, that I am still here to enjoy my life.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, support, words of wisdom, and well wishes, we need them all sometimes from people who really understand!

Luv you all,
    Carol

Your trip with your sisters
    Your trip with your sisters sounds fantastic Carol! You just enjoy wherever you go!
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Your trip with your sisters
    Your trip with your sisters sounds fantastic Carol! You just enjoy wherever you go!

Carol, Sending prayers
    and gentle {{{{{HUGS}}}}}. Enjoy your trip!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Carol,
    I will just send a

Carol,
    I will just send a big hugs and prayers to you. You have great spirit.

Stef

I'm sending you big hugs,
    I'm sending you big hugs, support and lots of prayers too Carol.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

You Have Great Spirit
    Dear Carol,

I don't know how you do it. All I could think of while reading this post is that you are a woman who has great spirit. One word that I never use regarding cancer is the word...soldier. However, that is exactly who you are...you are a soldier marching forward...a soldier who has great spirit.

You are in my prayers.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

I know I am late in writing
    I know I am late in writing this, but, you are in my prayers Carol.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Add my good wishes to your pot of caring thoughts
    You are an amazing example of courage and grace. And we are so lucky
    to you have on this board.

I hope you can find something to ease your pain - other than reading our
    posts (:

BIIIIIG Hug,
    Ayse
  • Nancy C.
    Nancy C. Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Just had followup after tests
    My prayers are with you. You have such wonderful spirit and are so brave, I
    know God is looking after you.
    You might ask your doctor about "Raloxifene" It was FDA approved in 2007.
    I'm going to ask my doctor about it too.
    It's side effects are less then Tamoxifen (I have doing some reading on it).
    I'm tryiing to find more information.
  • Nancy C.
    Nancy C. Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Just had followup after tests
    My prayers are with you. You have such wonderful spirit and are so brave, I
    know God is looking after you.
    You might ask your doctor about "Raloxifene" It was FDA approved in 2007.
    I'm going to ask my doctor about it too.
    It's side effects are less then Tamoxifen (I have doing some reading on it).
    I'm tryiing to find more information.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Carol, That trip seems like
    Carol, That trip seems like just what the dr. ordered. You will feel better once off chemo, build up your strength and enjoy life for awhile before you have to go back to chemo. After 9 months of chemo, you deserve a break. Hope you get to go to the beach. You inspire us and we hope the best for you in the coming days. Keeping you right up there in our thoughts and prayers.

You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers Carol.

Hugs, Angie