Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

So sorry for the bruising
    So sorry for the bruising Mariam. I know that has to hurt :( You cry all you want and come here to let us help you. That's why we are here Mariam, to help each other.

I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers today!

Sue :)

I am praying for you too
    I am praying for you too Mariam. Please post the results when you can.

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

I am praying for you too
    I am praying for you too Mariam. Please post the results when you can.

Hugs, Leeza

Do you have any results yet?
    Do you have any results yet? Hugs and prayers for you!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Well, I had the MRI. They

Well, I had the MRI. They had to stick me six times because my veins kept collapsing and then my blood wouldn't clot so ended up with massive bruising. Not sure why that happened.

Anyway the Breast Surgeon called with the results. Apparently nothing showed up on the MRI. I still have the 3 very small lumps and the Breast Surgeon still suspects LCIS however if Mammo, MRI and ultrasound don't show anything there isn't anything they can do. They can't do a biopsy. Kind of a strange place to be ...I guess the limitations of our bio-technology.

So my options are to have a masectomy and hopefully be done OR to leave as is and have check ups every 3 months. I have chosen the latter. I have confidence in my doctors (and do understand they are human) AND I decided if I am not going to have a mastectomy then I can't spend my time worrying about what this might lead to. I have to admit when I sit quietly with what is going on, I do feel the latter is the decision for me to make and it is personal.

I am grateful that the Breast Surgeon is on top of this and at least honest about it as well. It may amount to something and then it may amount to nothing at all. Life is mysterious living with the unknown.

Thanks for all your support.