before cancer

Options
2»

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options

I can't remember before
    SUV and NED, first line treatment, and on and on. Before my mother was diagnosed, and ultimately lost her life to uterine cancer, cancer was something that happened to other people. We were somehow immune. Other than my grandpa's prostate cancer, we had no history.. and then my mother was diagnosed, and an uncle passed away 2 mos after her(Prostate) We didn't even know he was ill. Then my Aunt told us of a great aunt that had cancer many years ago... They thought it was stomach at the time, but it very well could have been uterine or ovarian.. Now I no longer think of terms of if I ever get cancer, but when.. when I get cancer. Cancer is the boogeyman in my life... every ache, every pain, ever upset stomach might be cancer..... and this just from being a caregiver, s daughter, a cheerleader on the sidelines.. Cancer changed me and not for the better..

Dear Cindy Bear
    Never JUST a caretaker or daughter. You lived and breathed this disease and of course it changed you. As you know, most of us live with that fear that every pain is cancer related. I've had this disease for 5 1/2 years now and I can't stress enough to you how important it is not to allow this disease to rule your life.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • skeeter1002
    skeeter1002 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Taxol, carbo, chemo brain,
    Taxol, carbo, chemo brain, compazine, zofran, BRCA1 (and 2) BART, Lynch Syndrome, nadir.
  • joan60
    joan60 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    In the past
    I new cancer existed,but never thought much of it, now I know more than I ever wanted to know. The thought of more people learning these words makes me sad....no one should ever have to learn the meanings or spelling of these words. I wish for everyone around me that they stay healthy!!!

Wishing all of us the best,
    Joan
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    All of the above, ladies
    but I think "cancer" is the big word for me. For some reason I used to be sure I would never get it. I have been surprised at how well I deal with all the possible ramifications but today I found out a friend's cancer has recurred and it doesn't look good. I went outside and cried. I cried for her but also for myself. I put cancer on the back burner most of the time but today it managed to make its way to the front. Damn, it makes me so mad. This disease barges in to people's lives and causes pain for everyone. Okay, enough of that. My other word is "love." The love I received from my family and friends throughout my treatment and now. They are so proud of everything I do. Love conquers cancer!

Karen
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    SuperWoman
    I've been called superwoman, iron woman, wonderwoman. I've been told I'm an "inspiration" someone's "hero", simply "amazing."

In all honesty, all I'm doing is living and I'll do whatever it takes to keep on living!

Hugs:)

Leesa
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    leesag said:

SuperWoman
    I've been called superwoman, iron woman, wonderwoman. I've been told I'm an "inspiration" someone's "hero", simply "amazing."

In all honesty, all I'm doing is living and I'll do whatever it takes to keep on living!

Hugs:)

Leesa

Dear Leesa
    Let me add

Dear Leesa

Let me add "miracle woman" to your list.

(((hugs)))

Carolen
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options
    I think we are all super
    I think we are all super women, no matter what. Cancer sucks and we are all teal warriors.