Evaporated cane juice

Fayard
Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
What do you all think about food that has evaporated cane juice in the ingredients?

Comments

• jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Still sugar~
    While both sweetners are made from sugar cane, evaporated cane juice does not undergo the same degree of processing that refined sugar does. Therefore, unlike refined sugar, it retains more of the nutrients found in sugar cane. Cane juice is available throughout the year.

I've read it on ingredients of many items I've purchsed in past, and my nutritionist says to avoid. If you need some sweetening I'd suggest Stevia. Now don't get me wrong I'm not into any of this stuff as basically still "sugar" and we as cancer patients/survivors must avoid it all. Therefore, I might have one small packet of Stevia in my green tea and THAT'S IT!!

Choose wisely!!
    Jan
  • Fayard
    Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
    jazzy1 said:

Still sugar~
    While both sweetners are made from sugar cane, evaporated cane juice does not undergo the same degree of processing that refined sugar does. Therefore, unlike refined sugar, it retains more of the nutrients found in sugar cane. Cane juice is available throughout the year.

I've read it on ingredients of many items I've purchsed in past, and my nutritionist says to avoid. If you need some sweetening I'd suggest Stevia. Now don't get me wrong I'm not into any of this stuff as basically still "sugar" and we as cancer patients/survivors must avoid it all. Therefore, I might have one small packet of Stevia in my green tea and THAT'S IT!!

Choose wisely!!
    Jan

Malted Barley
    How about Malted Barley?
    I know is used to make beer.
    I researched in Google, but I could not find a clear answer to whether it is turned into sugar before entering our mouths or not.