Juice

Options
I always see this on posts.....why don't the doctors ever tell you to do that?
FM

Comments

• yoga
    yoga Member Posts: 87
    Options
    who knows?!?
    It's a natural thing . . . . they only focus on drugs. Keep reading the posts here, you will learn so many things that the doctors don't mention - either they don't know or they don't care to know . . . . . or they are just afraid to look at alternatives.
    hugs,
    yoga jo
  • fatmomma
    fatmomma Member Posts: 95
    Options
    yoga said:

who knows?!?
    It's a natural thing . . . . they only focus on drugs. Keep reading the posts here, you will learn so many things that the doctors don't mention - either they don't know or they don't care to know . . . . . or they are just afraid to look at alternatives.
    hugs,
    yoga jo

Thanks yoga
    I need to tell my mother that....what is put in it?
  • yoga
    yoga Member Posts: 87
    Options
    fatmomma said:

Thanks yoga
    I need to tell my mother that....what is put in it?

start with carrots
    I use 4 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, a lemon and a good chunk of ginger (somewhat tart, but quite delicious). . . but check some posts from the last week or two - there are others who have been at this much longer than I and know a great deal more.
    Cheers with a glass of carrot juice.
    hugs,
    yoga jo
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    yoga said:

start with carrots
    I use 4 carrots, 1 granny smith apple, a lemon and a good chunk of ginger (somewhat tart, but quite delicious). . . but check some posts from the last week or two - there are others who have been at this much longer than I and know a great deal more.
    Cheers with a glass of carrot juice.
    hugs,
    yoga jo

onc say no studies prove it, the old evidence based medicine
    argument. and for juicing its the lack of it.
    i juice with a juicer daily carrot, celery, beetroot, ginger, tumeric, spinach, cabbage and broccoli and lemon.
    these are my core veg, some come in some come out. i am enjoying good health.
    i think juicing has helped me. good luck with it.

just be ware of strong juices and diarrhea ? you need to back off it you have diarrhea. this generally applies to some days on the chemo cycle. not that i am on chemo anymore.

i eventually managed my diarrhea using diet and supplements.

hugs,
    pete
  • pascall5
    pascall5 Member Posts: 25
    Options

onc say no studies prove it, the old evidence based medicine
    argument. and for juicing its the lack of it.
    i juice with a juicer daily carrot, celery, beetroot, ginger, tumeric, spinach, cabbage and broccoli and lemon.
    these are my core veg, some come in some come out. i am enjoying good health.
    i think juicing has helped me. good luck with it.

just be ware of strong juices and diarrhea ? you need to back off it you have diarrhea. this generally applies to some days on the chemo cycle. not that i am on chemo anymore.

i eventually managed my diarrhea using diet and supplements.

hugs,
    pete

juicing
    Hi Pete. I start Xeloda and Oxaliplatin on Friday. I have seen some wonderful advise on this discussion page regarding the A-Z of chemo. What supplements do you take? Did you juice during chemo or is this a preventative method you have done since chemo? I am looking to have on my "Full metal jacket" when embarking on this journey. Doc's don't seem to see beyond the chemo and prescription medications. Looking to those who have been there for the real deal. I feel lucky to have this resource. Take care.

Mary