Hello **Update****

Options
Sonia32
Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
edited September 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
15th september 2011

After 8 months finally had my cea and full blood count done today at my cancer hospital. Now it's just waiting for the results. Friends have asked why have I asked for it again am I ill? I just have my csn family who I follow and they keep me educated. So as much as I would like to stay in denial it's good to be proactive? Also have been feeling tired lately so it's good to double check. Just wish my old gp hadn't left she was organising me to have bloods done every three months, hospital doesn't believe in cea tests. Anyway will see what my results are. Hugs to you all

Hello family,

Sorry haven't been posting regularly, but I do read posts everyday and some of you know I bug you on facebook :-)

Not sure why I'm posting maybe need a kick up the backside. I was supposed to contact my cancer nurse to see if I would have a scan next month or if not it would be next year. Also my hospital doesn't believe in cea tests, but oncologist hospital does. Just don't have it in me to contact my nurse or try and get a cea test done. Not sure if it's because on the 28/8 it will have been four years since my mum passed away from breast cancer. Maybe my depression has got bad again, maybe just tired, not sure. Can see some of you have scans coming up and your so worried, my prayers and thoughts are always for the best results for you. Just don't know why I don't want to contact my nurse or onc hospital to find out about my scan or cea test.

Hugs will try and sort it.

Sonia

Comments

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Sonia32
    You should get the scan done,and get a cea test also.You are probably tired,and a little depressed,so you should also see the doctor about that.I take ativan,but I still get a little depressed sometimes.I don't know of a cure for that.But you have to be strong,and keep going no matter what happens.I have a yearly scan,sometimes two,but I always want a cea test,just for my peace of mind.Good luck,let us know,we are here if you need us.I will pray for you.
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Sonia
    I have missed seeing you here. Please, please get your scan done. You know if your mum were here, she would tell you the same and she is watching over you from above and within your heart. It is much better to have everything checked and if there is ANY problem, get it resolved. Sorry about your depression. I know it is tough to fight.

Please be well,

Luv,

Wolfen

P.S. This is a gentle kick up the backside.
  • Sonia32
    Options
    wolfen said:

Sonia
    I have missed seeing you here. Please, please get your scan done. You know if your mum were here, she would tell you the same and she is watching over you from above and within your heart. It is much better to have everything checked and if there is ANY problem, get it resolved. Sorry about your depression. I know it is tough to fight.

Please be well,

Luv,

Wolfen

P.S. This is a gentle kick up the backside.

Hugs Karguy and Wolfen
    I think along with the depression, maybe be worried? My stomach hasn't been good lately, thinking what ifs. Also had a lot of tests recently and an operation for teeth, so I don't know. Anyway appreciate the prayers Karguy and gentle kick up the backside Wolfen :-)
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Sonia32 said:

Hugs Karguy and Wolfen
    I think along with the depression, maybe be worried? My stomach hasn't been good lately, thinking what ifs. Also had a lot of tests recently and an operation for teeth, so I don't know. Anyway appreciate the prayers Karguy and gentle kick up the backside Wolfen :-)

another kick :)
    Hi Sonia,

Here's another gentle kick up the backside- get the scan and cea test done! The worries aren't going to go away while you're just thinking about it and not doing anything about it. I know all too well how nervewracking it is waiting for results and thinking about the what-ifs, but you know that you need to get it done.
    I'm praying for you, my friend... :)
    P.S. I sent you a msg on FB in reply to your msg a few days back
    Lisa
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Sonia
    As the anniversary of your mother's passing draws near, do not think of her with sadness, but remind yourself of the wonderful memories you have of your time together. That is the way a loving mother would want to be remembered.

Now young lady, you know that 'not doing anything' about scheduling the CEA test or the scan will not alleviate your worries, it will only get worse as time passes...because you will be wondering if you really should have done it.

Yes, doing them brings on a sense of fear and anxiety waiting for the results. However, if the news is not good you have got a head start on beating back cancer, and if the news is good, you have reason to celebrate and wait for next year.

Consider getting those tests as a gift to your mother. She will smile down on you and hold your hand as you have them done and wait.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options

Dear Sonia
    As the anniversary of your mother's passing draws near, do not think of her with sadness, but remind yourself of the wonderful memories you have of your time together. That is the way a loving mother would want to be remembered.

Now young lady, you know that 'not doing anything' about scheduling the CEA test or the scan will not alleviate your worries, it will only get worse as time passes...because you will be wondering if you really should have done it.

Yes, doing them brings on a sense of fear and anxiety waiting for the results. However, if the news is not good you have got a head start on beating back cancer, and if the news is good, you have reason to celebrate and wait for next year.

Consider getting those tests as a gift to your mother. She will smile down on you and hold your hand as you have them done and wait.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Hey Beautiful Lady.........
    Please get them done....why go through all you have and then worry for no reason...Get them done then there will be peace within......love to you.......buzz
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Sonia
    Sonia,
    I can just imagine not wanting to go for the tests but you have to do it my friend. Pick up the phone and make a call. I'm sending you a hug.

Aloha
    Kathleen
  • Sonia32
    Options
    Btw sending double hugs and love
    to all my family, those back in the battle buzz and jennie etc. Think about you guys everyday, know we may argue (I know I've been a hot head recently)but as I said you are all my second online family and I would be lost without you guys.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    cheerup sonia
    I hope your results are good, that said better the devil you know than the one you don't.
    Try and find something you love to do and do it. Works for me everyday.

Let us know the results.

Hugs,
    Pete