Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Oh Teri
    I am so very sorry.

Oh Teri

I am so very sorry. Find as much help as you possibly can - professional, clergy, groups, etc. Know that everyone here is praying or you and sending you all kinds of light and energy.

Hugs for you both!
    Pam

I wish I had some advice
    I wish I had some advice other than try to stay positive. I am praying for your family.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Teri,
    It's not fair! I

Teri,
    It's not fair! I totally agree on that point.
    Now on to reality, you have done this before, you can do it now. Your husband was your rock, now you will be his. Your friends will step up again, you will find the strength to fight.

I am sorry you didn't have much time to do the victory dance, but it is what it is.......

Cindy
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Oh Teri, I am so very sorry
    Oh Teri, I am so very sorry for what you and your husband are going through. You are both in my prayers everyday. We are all here for you. Kay,
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hard Times
    Sorry about your recent news. Sounds like it could be a tough time ahead. He was there for you now I you will be there for him. At the same time you must look after yourself. The day my husband got back to work after a heart attack, I was diagnosed with BC. So he was strong for me and I didn't feel sorry for myself so as not to worry him with his heart problem. We now keep an eye on each other at all times. We both became stronger during this process. Good luck to you both. Thinking of you.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mamolady said:

Teri,
    It's not fair! I

Teri,
    It's not fair! I totally agree on that point.
    Now on to reality, you have done this before, you can do it now. Your husband was your rock, now you will be his. Your friends will step up again, you will find the strength to fight.

I am sorry you didn't have much time to do the victory dance, but it is what it is.......

Cindy

I am very sorry Teri for
    I am very sorry Teri for what you and your husband are going thru now. Please know that I will be praying for your family.

Hugs, Lex
  • tko683
    tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Hard Times
    Sorry about your recent news. Sounds like it could be a tough time ahead. He was there for you now I you will be there for him. At the same time you must look after yourself. The day my husband got back to work after a heart attack, I was diagnosed with BC. So he was strong for me and I didn't feel sorry for myself so as not to worry him with his heart problem. We now keep an eye on each other at all times. We both became stronger during this process. Good luck to you both. Thinking of you.

Yes hard times are definately ahead for us....
    There is one thing that I have learned so far and that is that I need to stop being over bearing and asking him if he is OK. It drives him crazy but sometimes I can't help myself. He has never been sick in his life so he isn't a very easy patient to take care of......should be a real challenge but it is my turn!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    tko683 said:

There is one thing that I have learned so far and that is that I need to stop being over bearing and asking him if he is OK. It drives him crazy but sometimes I can't help myself. He has never been sick in his life so he isn't a very easy patient to take care of......should be a real challenge but it is my turn!

I can't tell you how sorry I
    I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you and your husband. I hope and pray that you two will get thru this challenge as easily as possible.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sinee said:

So Sorry Teri
    Once the news settles in, and you get your boxing gloves back on~you will all be fine~you know the drill, and you will now be your husbands rock~just do keep your own strength up~take care of you, so you can take care of him. Loved Nancy's post! You will all be ok, and help each other through this~and we are all here too, when you need to fall apart, we can help put you back together~love to you, sending h {{{{{ hugs }}}}}}}} and strength your way. Sinee

You certainly are having a
    You certainly are having a hard time Teri and I am so very sorry for that. Sending hugs and prayers for your family and you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Bummer
    This disease sucks especially when it is a double whammy.

I wish that if I said Go
    I wish that if I said Go away Cancer it would for everyone! I will be praying Teri for your husband and you.

Hugs, Diane
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    tko683 said:

I can understand where you
    I can understand where you would be constantly asking your husband if he is ok, I would be the same way. It is only because you love him so much and care. Prayers to you two!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Prayers
    Dear Teri,
    My prayers are with you and your hubby. It's amazing what we are handed and how we pull ourselves through ...keep strong!
    CarolleeLouise

Praying for you two. I am
    Praying for you two. I am so very sorry.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

teri,
    I will keep you and

teri,
    I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. A big hug to you. This has to be so difficult for you and for him but having each other for strength can really help you through.
    Stef

How are you Stef and your
    How are you Stef and your husband?

Hugs, Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Bummer
    This disease sucks especially when it is a double whammy.

Sending lots of prayers,
    Sending lots of prayers, hugs and support to you and your husband.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

No advice
    Just know that you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you both peace and better health,

Jennifer

Praying for you Teri and
    Praying for you Teri and your family.
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I can understand where you would be constantly asking your husband if he is ok, I would be the same way. It is only because you love him so much and care. Prayers to you two!

it's not fair
    you are right. But you are a survivor and will be there for him as he goes through this journey.
    Prayers going out to you,
    Laura
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

it's not fair
    you are right. But you are a survivor and will be there for him as he goes through this journey.
    Prayers going out to you,
    Laura
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

My heart aches for you, your husband and
    children.

Is there a therapist associated with your Oncology group ? Church affiliation??

Keep up the faith, and know so many people are pulling for you and your family.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Vicki Sam has a great idea
    Vicki Sam has a great idea Teri. Perhaps speaking to someone in your church, or, a counselor at your cancer center might help you and your husband thru this very difficult time. No one has to go thru this alone.

Big hugs and prayers,

Debby