Let the Scanxiety begin

Options
khl8
khl8 Member Posts: 807
Well, next week is the annual scan and Onc visit. I feel fine but always in the back of my mind is.... Is this the time something will show up? I try not to let it get to me, it is what it is,but the level of anxiety I am beginning to experience with the the impending tests makes my nuts. 2 years ago last week I had my last chemo treatment, and I have been NED ever since. Thanks for letting me vent a bit, my family just dismisses how I feel, and of course they cannot understand, but you all can!

Kathy

Comments

• merrysmom
    merrysmom Member Posts: 51
    Options
    hello i am praying
    hello, i know exactly what you are talking about. the anxiety alone can make you sick. i am going to be praying that you get good results. it is funny how the family does not seem to get it. my family makes me feel like they think i have a case of the flu and then it will get better and go away. hang in there, barb
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy...good thoughts for
    Hi Kathy...good thoughts for your test! I have mine coming up this month too. The first in a year since I was diagnosed. We'll both have the results we wanna hear!

Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Hoping and Praying
    Hoping and praying that all your scans will come out normal and continue to remain NED. It's scary getting those done and about a month before my stomach starts getting sick. Know how you are feelng. Things will be fine.

Kim
  • biz
    biz Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    To Kathy and Gail and all
    It's amazing how even though I don't know you, part of my heart is right there with you. I want to say "good luck" or "best wishes" but it is so much more than that. I suspect that most of you on the board know what I mean :)

Love,
    Biz
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Huggggggggggggggs
    you tightly, my csn sis sending love and hugs your way. Will send prayers, vibes, mojo your way for a good scan. Family can't relate unless they have experienced it themselves, but don't let anyone dismiss how you feel lady. Why so wise 4.32am lol
    See you and kool and the gang later, ie on fb :-)
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
    Praying for peace and great results, Kathy.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

*hugs*
    Praying for peace and great results, Kathy.

*hugs*
    Gail

Hi Kathy hugs and prayers from here for
    excellent results on your scans!