Anniversary!

Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
edited August 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Today 8/17/10, 1 year ago I had bilat. mastectomy. For those going through this now, the year came and went fast. Last year when me and my family were so worried before we new what my outcome would be and post surgery blues and the horrible chemo, my husband said many times, this time next year this will all be over. Here it is one year later. Wow!
My thoughts are with all of my pink sisters going through this now and those who are not doing well. I wish you strength, hope and courage. There is the light at the end of the tunnel. It is doable.
I am so glad I found this site 1 yr. ago. All of you have given me so much comfort and support.
Thank you.
Hugs,
Annette

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Happy Anniversary Annette!
    Happy Anniversary Annette! It wont be a year for me until Nov. I had right side mastectomy. There was plenty of days I didn't think this time would ever come. I am so happy for you. Before you know it you will be saying "Boy Oh Boy" it has been 20 years..
    All the best to you sweetheart. Happy Anniversary again..Kay
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Thank God
    you are in a better place than one year ago today! It feels like you completed the worst "boot camp" imaginable right? Glad it's behind you now.

Blessings and Hugs,

Sylvia
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    sea60 said:

Thank God
    you are in a better place than one year ago today! It feels like you completed the worst "boot camp" imaginable right? Glad it's behind you now.

Blessings and Hugs,

Sylvia

Wonderful to hear
    And so encouraging! I am just 6 weeks post surgery and now doing radiation... It 's great to hear from someone who has come through to the other side!

Blessings,

Laura
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    i so agree with you...I am
    i so agree with you...I am just going into my 3rd year since taking tamoxifen

I look back now with all the good and bad here writing about it..i wish I had to found this site much earlier..''

denise
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

i so agree with you...I am
    i so agree with you...I am just going into my 3rd year since taking tamoxifen

I look back now with all the good and bad here writing about it..i wish I had to found this site much earlier..''

denise

Annette ... Happy Anniversary ...
    Cheers to many many many more.

Vicki Sam
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Annette
    wishing you a happy anniversary! You are so right that the year does go by fast. Bewteen the surgeries, chemo and rads. After having that first mammo or xray we just hope we're home free. I too am so sad to be reading about all the newbies and our pink sisters battling mets.
    {{hugs}} Char