Comments

• Robkel7
    Robkel7 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Beary said:

To many pains to mention
    Hi,
    Just a foot note. I'm new also.
    It is good to hear of others having the same issues.
    never ending. Last treatment Apr. 26..I am in alot of pain.
    What do you do.
    I too went through the debulking, unbelievable. Hang in there.
    I too love finding this site.
    Beary

Thanks!
    I just use advil and hot baths. I found this mineral bath stuff....Village Body Shoppe....mineral salts for aches and pains....they have it at Rite Aid (drug store)....it's not too expensive, and I soak in it if my pains are bad. It helps quite a bit. Keep in touch. <3
  • Robkel7
    Robkel7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

Welcome!
    To Beary and Robkel, welcome to the board. You will find lots of help here, and friendship and fellowship too.

When I had chemo last year, I was fortunate not to experience body aches. My only problems were loss of hair (which of course was inevitable) and constipation.

I am currently in remission but I do see my oncologist next week for a check-up and fervently hope I am still in this happy state.

Hi!
    I will pray you are still in remission! <3 Thanks for the warm welcome. I certainly need friends who understand at this time. It's hard to face this thinking no one knows how I feel. At least here, I know you all do.
  • wfisaac
    wfisaac Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Robkel7 said:

A year ago?
    How are you feeling now? Have you been a year with no sign of disease? I hope so. Thanks for your post. <3</p>

Yes! It's been a year. I can hardly believe it.
    I've been doing ok. My ca-125 has made a continual climb since February but a ct scan in June did not find anything. So, until there's anything else that verifies it's anything other than numbers I'm going to keep going forward and continue to take my life back as much as I can. :-)

By the way...you have a very contagious smile!
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Robkel7 said:

Hi!
    I will pray you are still in remission! <3 Thanks for the warm welcome. I certainly need friends who understand at this time. It's hard to face this thinking no one knows how I feel. At least here, I know you all do.</p>

We do know
    Just a quick caution... those warm soaks are terrific for body pain, but they can leave you a little more light headed and weak during those rougher days after an infusion. I make sure that someone is home before I soak, just in case.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • lulu1010
    lulu1010 Member Posts: 367
    Options
    Beary said:

To many pains to mention
    Hi,
    Just a foot note. I'm new also.
    It is good to hear of others having the same issues.
    never ending. Last treatment Apr. 26..I am in alot of pain.
    What do you do.
    I too went through the debulking, unbelievable. Hang in there.
    I too love finding this site.
    Beary

Beary
    I too have had a lot of mostly skelatal discomfort. I really thought either I was crazy or it was something much worse. Maybe it is the chemo...I wonder how long we will fell this way. I endend my chemo in May 2011. I see the oncologist this week for my ca-125 and 3 month check-up....needless to say I am very nervous. Keep in touch!

Linda
  • Susan777
    Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mwee said:

We do know
    Just a quick caution... those warm soaks are terrific for body pain, but they can leave you a little more light headed and weak during those rougher days after an infusion. I make sure that someone is home before I soak, just in case.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Hot soaks
    I couldnt live without my little hot tub. I soak twice a day! I get light headed too!