One short second time around

Options
Well my brother Raymond passed away Monday morning.... It was definitely a shocker since we only found out August 4th that the cancer and returned. Though in one way I am glad he is no longer in pain and is now not hungry anymore... I also am very mad after him just being told he was in remission at the end of March... This was one bear of a cancer and I would like to wish all of you that are fighting this the attitude at which my brother looked at it.... He said to me just a few days ago "I am a fighter and I don't know any other way to be".... This positive attitude help him so much.... He stated that we could go to the grocery store and get struck by car in the parking lot and that none of us know how long we have here and until the good lord up above wants him he was going to stay and fight!!!

TinaB

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Many Sympathies
    Dearest Tina and Family
    May I send to you my deepest heartfelt sympathies on the recent loss of Raymond. I know he put up one of the best fights I know of. May God grant you all the peace and strength you will need in the coming days, months, and years. May Raymond finally rest in peace with my dad, Ray. Cherish the good times, the good memories. Raymond is now pain, worry, and cancer free! We will see our Raymond's again Tina. Jesus has made us that promise, and Jesus always keeps his promises. Until we meet them again my dear friend, keep the faith. Hugs to you all. Keep in touch. We and others need you and your wisdom here.
    Tina B in Va
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Options
    My Sympathy on your loss
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your brother fought very hard to win this, I'm sorry your time wasn't longer this "go round".

Take heart in knowing that he's at peace and painfree. Be thankful for the good memories!

Terry
    wife of Nick, Stage 3
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • mruble
    mruble Member Posts: 174
    Options
    So sorry
    Tina --

I'm so to hear of Ray's passing, and so quickly, too. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about Ray
    Tina,

I am very sorry to hear Ray has left us. He was a real fighter.

With my sincere condolances,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Condolences to you Tina
    Sounds like your brother gave it his all. My sincere sympathy to you and your family
    Jo-Ann
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Tina,
    I'm so sorry for your

Tina,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during these difficult days.

Prayers and hugs,
    Cindy
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find the strength your brother showed during his fight, while you grieve.
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Ray's
    Sorry to hear about Ray's passing. I pray for God's comfort in the days ahead.
    Sandra
  • json_2011
    json_2011 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    i am sorry
    Tina - i am pretty new here . I am sorry for the loss of your brother. You are grateful to have the time spent with a having a brother . My mom has stage iv . I am in a different world . Its only me against the world....... Im grateful for this site . May you feel better in knowing he's not suffering no more .

Jason
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options
    Tina, once again I am
    Tina, once again I am saddened to hear of the loss of a "fellow comrade at arms" against this disease. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through the days ahead.
    Cheryl
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry for your brother's passing. I feel for you and your family
    Jo-Ann
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    Options
    Our deepest sympathies
    on the passing of your brother. How you spoke of him speaks volumes of your love for him and his character. I'm so sorry.

jan
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Options
    My condolences
    Very sorry to learn of Raymond's passing, Tina. Glad to hear that he was a fighter until the end. Peace be with you and your family.

- Lee
  • tinab1127
    tinab1127 Member Posts: 18
    Options

My condolences
    Very sorry to learn of Raymond's passing, Tina. Glad to hear that he was a fighter until the end. Peace be with you and your family.

- Lee

Thank you
    Thank you everyone.... This past week has been very difficult as we took Raymond back to Texas to be buried..... I just can't believe after being told he was in Remission the last part of March that this beast came back that quick and strong.....

I also know that Raymond was to scared to have the surgery but even though I fought hard to convince him I can't help but wonder IF I would have pushed just a little bit longer would he still be here today!!!!