A quick note....

Options
2»

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Enjoy your trip!
    It sounds like you have a really fun time in store for you. Glad to hear your new treatment went well.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

AWESOME! I had my 2nd
    AWESOME! I had my 2nd Faslodex inection on Monday...it is still sooooo painful! I have small egg-sized lumps at each injection site, and it is incredibly sore to the touch! So happy you are not experiencing any of that! Have fun! ( as if I needed to tell you that!) I go back in on the 29th for Zometa and Faslodex~ being that the SE's were so horrid last time, they are going to give me the Zometa as a one hour infusion rather than half an hour.

I know you will continue to do beautifully and I am so thriled that you are celebrating and traveling and living ife to its fullest! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

For Chen - Emla Cream
    Hi Chen,

When I did Faslodex, they sprayed me with that freezing spray. I didn't like the spray much, but I never had pain, soreness or redness.

I was debating on what I would use this time if I decided not to try to restart Femara. Femara failed me and I asked for 3 months off any type of drug. I have lots of tumors in my lungs and pleura. My oncologist agreed given the fact that I have an indolent kind of bc.

Over the summer I debated if I wanted to really restart Femara or retry Faslodex. I had only 7 months with Faslodex before it failed back when it was one shot. I was going to ask for a prescription of Emla cream to put on the site for injection before going for the shots. I used it for chemotherapy and like it. I like Emla cream a lot more than the freezing spray.

I hope this might help you.

Doris
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    ladyg said:

Enjoy your trip!
    It sounds like you have a really fun time in store for you. Glad to hear your new treatment went well.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Glad to hear that you're
    Glad to hear that you're able to take this trip, sounds wonderful. Let us know how much sleep you get on the train ride. Wishing you a great vacation and good health and can't wait to see pics.
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Glad to hear that you're
    Glad to hear that you're able to take this trip, sounds wonderful. Let us know how much sleep you get on the train ride. Wishing you a great vacation and good health and can't wait to see pics.

What a wonderful trip you
    What a wonderful trip you are on. A birthday celebration,
    seeing more of this beautiful country, seeing family and
    all on a train! Fun, fun, fun. Hope you continue to feel
    good and enjoy yourself to the fullest. Sending energized
    vibes and, of course, prayers for a safe trip.

Luv, Teresa