Fatigue post MIE, how long?

I know it is an individual thing but just wondering on average how long the fatigue lasts? My husband is good in the morning and crashes around 2pm for the day. Only 3 weeks out from surgery at UPMC with Dr. Luketich. Thanks

Comments

• JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Hey Sammy,
    I am 6 weeks out

Hey Sammy,

I am 6 weeks out and I am just now starting to feel normal as for energy. I overdid it the past two days and paid for it last night with pain and fatigue but overall, it's going well. Your husband sounds like he was where I was at three weeks. I would crash and take a nap myself.
  • JimboC said:

Hey Sammy,
    I am 6 weeks out

Hey Sammy,

I am 6 weeks out and I am just now starting to feel normal as for energy. I overdid it the past two days and paid for it last night with pain and fatigue but overall, it's going well. Your husband sounds like he was where I was at three weeks. I would crash and take a nap myself.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • sammy123
    sammy123 Member Posts: 65
    JimboC said:

Hey Sammy,
    I am 6 weeks out

Hey Sammy,

Hi Jimbo-
    Just wondering if

Hi Jimbo-

Just wondering if you still have your j-tube. My husbands clogged up and I am unsure if I should request a new one. He's not taking a whole lot of food in and I'm nervous about going home from UPMC without one. Just thought I would ask since I think you are 6 or so weeks post surgery, we are three. Thanks and hope to hear from you.
  • Joel C
    Joel C Member Posts: 174
    sammy123 said:

Hi Jimbo-
    Just wondering if

Hi Jimbo-

Just wondering if you still have your j-tube. My husbands clogged up and I am unsure if I should request a new one. He's not taking a whole lot of food in and I'm nervous about going home from UPMC without one. Just thought I would ask since I think you are 6 or so weeks post surgery, we are three. Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Hi Sammy

Three weeks out is really early so I would not feel too bad about getting tired in the afternoon. At three weeks out from my MIE I was taking it pretty easy most of the day. I was taking a couple of nice walks daily and then just relaxing most of the day. I didn’t feel I needed to push myself too hard at that point I just wanted to let my body heal so I relaxed and slept as much as I wanted. In fact I was sleeping until ~10:30 every morning and then staying up late into the night. I found the late morning sleep was great because the house was empty and low energy level in the house made for great sleeping. It’s funny some times in the morning I can tell my dog wants everyone out of the house so he can go back to sleep and now I know why. I would say it was around week five that I started to feel my energy level really starting to increase.
    Take care,
    Joel
  • JimboC
    sammy123 said:

Hi Jimbo-
    Just wondering if

Hi Jimbo-

I just had my j-tube removed
    I just had my j-tube removed on Monday. I ended up keeping it a little over 6 weeks. Since I'm on chemo post-op, we wanted to see how the first round went. I met with the dietitian last week and she approved it being removed. I hate to hear your husband has problems with his. Mine clogged once but we were able to unclog it ourselves. Mine was a constant source of pain. When it was removed, we found out all three stitches had pulled out. Totally my fault. I got it snagged right after surgery and it never felt comfortable since. Feels great to have it out.
  • JimboC
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I've said several times to
    I've said several times to my family that you were Superman. :) There is no way I could have been out touring Pittsburgh on day 8.