Diagnosed last April with Low Grade B NHL

Hello everyone!

My ex-husband is a workaholic, works very long hour in including weekends and holidays. Last December he had pneumonia, his symptoms were tiredness, fever, difficult breathing and swelling. He lost lots of weight that he blames on not eating. The pneumonia subsided, but continue to be tired and a gland swelled up which like mumps. His Doctor did a serious of tests, unable to confirm it was mumps. The swelling went down, more tests were done and his Doctor referred him to a Hematologist/Oncologist. The Oncologist ordered a bone marrow test. Before obtaining bone marrow results he got sicker, unable to walk and high fever. He was rushed to the emergency room. He was admitted in and two days later the bone marrow test results show he has Low Grade B Cell Lymphoma.

While in the hospital he was administered the 1st session of chemotherapy. Next week he will be doing his 5th session.

My questions is…have anyone in this forum has been diagnosed with Low Grade B Cell Lymphoma? Has anyone in remission for many years, what is the survival rate?

Wishing everyone a complete remission and for any information you have experienced battling this terrible disease.

Comments

• She514
    She514 Member Posts: 47
    Here
    I received a confirmed diagnosis of low grade b cell lymphoma in April also. Mine was found in a CT scan that was done in January when I went into the ER with appendicitis. Unlike your Ex, I have not received any treatments. Oncologist has me on a watch and wait routine. I haven't agreed to a node biopsy yet because I have no B symptoms and the current routine wouldn't change regardless of the subtype. You will find many folks on this site that are long term survivors. My Oncologist refers to it as a chronic disease that one can live many many years with.

Best wishes to the Ex, hoping his treatments puts him in remission for a very long time!

R
  • Noniu
    Noniu Member Posts: 45
    She514 said:

Here
    I received a confirmed diagnosis of low grade b cell lymphoma in April also. Mine was found in a CT scan that was done in January when I went into the ER with appendicitis. Unlike your Ex, I have not received any treatments. Oncologist has me on a watch and wait routine. I haven't agreed to a node biopsy yet because I have no B symptoms and the current routine wouldn't change regardless of the subtype. You will find many folks on this site that are long term survivors. My Oncologist refers to it as a chronic disease that one can live many many years with.

Best wishes to the Ex, hoping his treatments puts him in remission for a very long time!

R

Sorry....
    Hi She514!

Thank you for your prompt response. I am very sorry to hear that you too have been diagnosed with lymphoma. My ex-husband bone marrow was 80 % with cancer, he had no other choice to treat it. Fortunately, you haven't have any symptoms, I hope your lymphoma never progresses and live a long health live.

Thank you for your support and information.

Noniue
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Noniu said:

Sorry....
    Hi She514!

Thank you for your prompt response. I am very sorry to hear that you too have been diagnosed with lymphoma. My ex-husband bone marrow was 80 % with cancer, he had no other choice to treat it. Fortunately, you haven't have any symptoms, I hope your lymphoma never progresses and live a long health live.

Thank you for your support and information.

Noniue

Sending hope and hugs your way
    Hi Noniue,

Lymphoma in general is very treatable so there's reason for optimism :).
    There is so much information out there and it may not all be accurate so
    take it with a grain of salt. If you read things and they are getting you
    down, take a break from that. You need all the positive energy you can
    maintain.

I have Diffused Large B Cell Lymphoma which is fairly aggressive.
    Fortunately I think we caught it early and it's treatable and even
    curable and I'm doing well in my treatments so far (about half way through).

This site is very good - there are certain people here who are on frequently
    and offer support and hope.

Be good to yourselves :).

Jim