"Angel Wings" being removed next Wed

Options
2»

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Angel Wings?
    What are "Angel wings"? I honesty have not heard that term used before (at least as far as I can remember).

Susan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hmmm
    You are far too kind not to be angelic after your angle wings are clipped. Count me as on that bus groggy but supportive!!!!!

Gentle Hugs,

RE
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Hmmm
    You are far too kind not to be angelic after your angle wings are clipped. Count me as on that bus groggy but supportive!!!!!

Gentle Hugs,

RE

Count me in ! Wishing you a
    Count me in ! Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending love.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    Options
    YES!
    It is early Monday and I am already on the bus!

I guess without the wings we will only be able to recognize you by your halo!!

<3 to you and good luck and a BIG HUG!!

:)
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Some of you have asked
    what are angel wings? After healing from my bilateral mastectomy I went to be fitted for mastectomy "girls" and bras. My fitter is the one who called the excess skin on the sides of my body "angel wings". It's the area where the skin on your back met the breast that was removed. The skin sticks out and looks like wings :D

My surgeon explained to me he would make a half moon incision above and below, remove the excess skin and stitch. He said it was a simple surgery so I'm hoping for the best. I'll post tomorrow after I know what time.
    Char
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Some of you have asked
    what are angel wings? After healing from my bilateral mastectomy I went to be fitted for mastectomy "girls" and bras. My fitter is the one who called the excess skin on the sides of my body "angel wings". It's the area where the skin on your back met the breast that was removed. The skin sticks out and looks like wings :D

My surgeon explained to me he would make a half moon incision above and below, remove the excess skin and stitch. He said it was a simple surgery so I'm hoping for the best. I'll post tomorrow after I know what time.
    Char

Hello dear Char,
    Well know that I know the process I'll be making sure my plastic surgeon clips my wings too during my implant exchange surgery. I always referred to them as my "bat wing's" but I definitely like angel much better.

Add me to the crowded bus... I just don't know why I bother to get off? I love hanging out with you girls, I'm just gonna bring my sleeping bag along.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

We will be on that bus for
    We will be on that bus for the removal of your angel wings but you will still be one of our angels.
    Stef

Wishing you good luck Char
    Wishing you good luck Char and hoping for a quick recovery!

Hugs, Jan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Char i love this post...lol.
    Char i love this post...lol. Love your humor side. Good luck on getting your wings clipped girl!
  • serenity92
    serenity92 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    jo jo said:

Char i love this post...lol.
    Char i love this post...lol. Love your humor side. Good luck on getting your wings clipped girl!

I have to tell you all that
    I have to tell you all that I am very grateful for your posts about: angel wings, dog ears, rooster tails etc. I am 5 weeks post op with expanders. Due to some complications and repeat visits to excise dead skin I still am not filling the expanders. We are hoping to start that in a few weeks. I have been totally freaked out by the flesh and points under my arms. None of the pictures I could find online showed anything that looked like me. My
    surgeon keeps telling me he wont leave me looking like this. I am grateful to know I am not alone or a freak.... they just dont tell you that you will look like that. Jayne