One Year Since Surgery and Good CT Results!

Bobs1wife
Bobs1wife Member Posts: 150
Sharing good news! My husband, Bob, was diagnosed March 31,2010, T3N1M0. After chemo, and chemo with radition, he had MIE robotic surgery at Mayo, Rochester on August 16, 2010. Yesterday he had bloodwork and a CT scan, both came back with good results and "No evidence of disease!" Linda

Comments

• BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Yay! Wonderful news.
    Yay! Wonderful news. May your good news continue!!
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200
    Good News
    It is so nice to hear good news! My husband was diagnosed On Mat 17, 2011, T3, N1,M0 (sound familiar). He finished Chemo/Radiation July 11 and it looks like he will have MIE robotic surgery at Moffitt Cancer Center at the end of August. I know that we still have a long way to go toward recovery but it is nice to hear someone with the same diagnosis doing so well!
    Thanks for posting!
    Erica
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    GREAT NEWS!
    Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you. We have needed some good news on this site, so glad for you.

Linda
  • Frumpy
    Frumpy Member Posts: 6
    good results
    This is so good to hear about, my husband also stage 3 had surgery at Mayo April 25 2011 first CT two and a half months out was good . Did your husband have any lymph node involvement ? Frumpy
  • Bobs1wife
    Frumpy said:

good results
    This is so good to hear about, my husband also stage 3 had surgery at Mayo April 25 2011 first CT two and a half months out was good . Did your husband have any lymph node involvement ? Frumpy

Good results
    Frumpy, at surgery everything looked good. Clear margins and visually no lymph nodes looked involved. 27 lymph nodes were removed. When the pathology came back one node showed scattered cells. So he did post op chemo because of that one node. Linda
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Bobs1wife said:

Good results
    Frumpy, at surgery everything looked good. Clear margins and visually no lymph nodes looked involved. 27 lymph nodes were removed. When the pathology came back one node showed scattered cells. So he did post op chemo because of that one node. Linda

love good news!!
    Thanks for sharing your good news!! So glad to hear his scans are clear, hope they all are in the future!! will keep you all in my prayers. Take care,
    Donna70
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    It is wonderful to hear good results
    Linda,

Great to hear that Bob has good results from his latest scan. I know the last year has had some challenges but here we are over a year since diagnosis and doing well. May there be many more clear scans!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Happy Birthday--Let's
    Happy Birthday--Let's celebrate! Congratulations on the good results on the CT. It's always so good to hear the NED results,
    Sandra
  • jthomas233
    jthomas233 Member Posts: 85
    Thank-you for the uplifting post!
    Thanks for the good news! News like this is very encouraging! There are quite a few of us in the post Chemo/rad-Pre surgery window right now, and posts like these help us (and our families) sleep at night.

Good luck on ALL future scans!

Jeff
  • NikiMo
    NikiMo Member Posts: 342
    Yay!!
    So happy to hear of your good news!! Keep smiling and living life to the fullest, I hope many more clean scans for you and your husband!!

Niki
    Wife to Jeff
    T2N1M0
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Wonderful news!
    Wonderful news! Congratulations! It is so encouraging to hear.
    Cheryl
    Wife of Rickie, dx Stage IV EC Oct. 2010
  • SanFran Fan
    SanFran Fan Member Posts: 9
    Like to hear news like that
    That is great news!!! Wishing you and your family the very best.
  • annalan
    annalan Member Posts: 138
    Wonderful news. My husband,
    Wonderful news. My husband, Alan, had the Ivor Lewis March 8th 2010 and we had the same results NED a couple of weeks ago. So much better than winning the lottery as no amount of money can buy you a result like that. Good luck to you and your husband for the future.
    Ann (2)
  • Bobs1wife
    annalan said:

Wonderful news. My husband,
    Wonderful news. My husband, Alan, had the Ivor Lewis March 8th 2010 and we had the same results NED a couple of weeks ago. So much better than winning the lottery as no amount of money can buy you a result like that. Good luck to you and your husband for the future.
    Ann (2)

Happy for you, too!
    Ann, Thank your for your reply. I am so happy to hear of your husband's good results, also! I know we never could never have anticipated the intense joy and emotion a scan result of NED could produce until this past year. We are savoring each and every day, as I am sure you do, too. Wishing you and Alan all the best! Linda
  • Bobs1wife
    paul61 said:

It is wonderful to hear good results
    Linda,

Great to hear that Bob has good results from his latest scan. I know the last year has had some challenges but here we are over a year since diagnosis and doing well. May there be many more clear scans!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina

Thanks Paul
    I always like to read your posts and how well you are doing, and all that golf! We have taken your advice about the apple and bedtime you posted quite a while back and it does work! We were happy to try it and even happier to find it works for him! Linda
  • Bobs1wife

Thank-you for the uplifting post!
    Thanks for the good news! News like this is very encouraging! There are quite a few of us in the post Chemo/rad-Pre surgery window right now, and posts like these help us (and our families) sleep at night.

Good luck on ALL future scans!

Jeff

Jeff
    We were right where you are just a year ago. It was a conflicting time. Great to have the recovery time from chemo/radiation and feeling so well and able to eat again, and knowing the surgery was close at hand. We felt blessed at every step to be a sugical candidate, but it didn't take away all the unknowns. One year later I can say that life is a bit different, but definately so good. Yes, we have been in your shoes, and made it through surgery and recovery. I remember how I felt when I heard from those who had "been there, done that." It was encouraging to know. God has blessed us, and we thank Him for every day he gives us! Linda
  • MarinaDN
    MarinaDN Member Posts: 10
    Hooray!
    So happy for your great news!
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    We must have just missed you............
    Vicki and I retuned from Mayo on Friday with a NED. 18 months post diagnosis and 17 month post surgery/chemo. We are so grateful. We are here to pray and encourage everyone who is fighting this beast.
    Great news for you and Bob and perhaps we will meet someday, maybe celebrate!!!!!

Gerry