Surgery Tomorrow

Options
Thanks everyone for all of the information and encouragement!

The TORS surgeon and radiation doc reviewed the PAT scan again. They (we) decided that I will have surgery in the morning. They will do a biopsy on the other tonsil and see what the pathologists says while I am still under, if it's not more cancer, then they will use the TORS and take out the left cancerous tonsil and whatever they need too. If it is cancerous and he thinks surgery will take too much tongue, then he will not proceed and they will do radiation and chemo only.

The decision has been made, thanks for all of the info and prayers,

Everyone have a great day!

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Husker
    Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow through out the day.

Wishing you the best
    Hondo
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Husker
    Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow through out the day.

Wishing you the best
    Hondo

Ditto
    Prayers are with you and your Drs, and let us know how it went.

Believe

kcass
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    David
    Hopea everything goes extremely well tomorrow. Positive thoughts your way. Gotta see you back on the bike again soon. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    We Are
    We are sending prayers for wisdom for the doctor, strength for you and good news for you.

John
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Husker fan, We will be
    Husker fan, We will be praying for you tomorrow. Hopefully surgery will be successful but if they decide on chemo & radiation instead of surgery at least tomorrow you will begin the fight. We will be praying for great results for you. Hang in there, Homer & Connie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    You Got'em
    Thoughts and Prayers for you this morning....

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Options
    Prayers
    Keeping you in our prayers today

Hondo
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    Hondo said:

Prayers
    Keeping you in our prayers today

Hondo

Fingers crossed...
    ...for the best outcome. Hope the robot can do his job and clean out that cancer stuff. My best for your healing process. This is a "one day at a time" kind of thing. Healing does happen.
    Kim
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Fingers crossed...
    ...for the best outcome. Hope the robot can do his job and clean out that cancer stuff. My best for your healing process. This is a "one day at a time" kind of thing. Healing does happen.
    Kim

Prayers for you today. You
    Prayers for you today. You may even be done by now.
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options

Prayers for you today. You
    Prayers for you today. You may even be done by now.

Good luck.. I will be
    Good luck.. I will be praying for a good outcome.
  • Husker Fan
    Husker Fan Member Posts: 65
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Good luck.. I will be
    Good luck.. I will be praying for a good outcome.

Home now!
    Thank you everyone for the prayers and best wishes.

I came home yesterday (sunday) after my TORS on Wednesday to remove my left tonsil, and some back of tongue. The Surgeon said he couldn't be happier with how it went, the tumor was actually smaller then anticipated from the scans.

Swallowing has been very tough, but is getting better. Since getting home, I have been sipping on water to stay hydrated, no more IV to help with that. Woke up around 2 this morning feeling good so I though I would try some yogurt to get something besides water and meds swallowed. Yogurt is still very difficult, got half of it down.

I call today to schedule a followup with the surgeon and get the neck dissection scheduled for next week.u

Reading all of your posts on this and other threads has been very helpful, keep it up.
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Home now!

I came home yesterday (sunday) after my TORS on Wednesday to remove my left tonsil, and some back of tongue. The Surgeon said he couldn't be happier with how it went, the tumor was actually smaller then anticipated from the scans.

Swallowing has been very tough, but is getting better. Since getting home, I have been sipping on water to stay hydrated, no more IV to help with that. Woke up around 2 this morning feeling good so I though I would try some yogurt to get something besides water and meds swallowed. Yogurt is still very difficult, got half of it down.

I call today to schedule a followup with the surgeon and get the neck dissection scheduled for next week.u

Reading all of your posts on this and other threads has been very helpful, keep it up.

Celebrating with you the
    Celebrating with you the good results and praying the neck disection goes well. May you have a speedy recovery from both.

Debbie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

Home now!

Throat Pain
    Glad everything went well....

As a side note, just be prepared to have some pretty good throat pain for a week or so. It might start in another day or so. I know when I got my tonsils out they had advised me the pain would kick in more around the 3rd day and it did. This is just a side usually of the tonsil tissue healing up.

It's not untolerable, and they should have given you some liquid hydrocodon or oxicotin or similar to help. For me it was mainlt when trying to eat anything.

That old eat a lot of ice cream didn't work, I couldn't tolerate any cold. I did eat a lot of thin masked potatos and the jarred gravy, Cream of Wheat, some puddings, etc....

Best Luck on the rest,
    John
  • Hondo
    Options

Home now!

Great news

I am so happy to hear how well everything went for you. Remember to not overdue it for a few days until everything heals.

Wishing you the best
    Hondo
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Options

Home now!

glad to hear it from another bike rider
    Keep the pedal power going