My husband is grubbing and had his first beer in 6 months

Options
2»

Comments

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options

Arndog, Wow, that is great
    Arndog, Wow, that is great progress. How did you do it? So good to hear you are making progress. The way I see it if you can overcome cancer a beer ain't gonna kill ya. Wishing you the Best, Homer & Connie

My husband had chem/rads at
    My husband had chem/rads at the same time and he is 11 weeks out. He never wanted the soft foods during/after treatment. He wanted real food. He just kept trying different things every week. Today he can tolerate a few bites of pizza dipped in ranch, lasagna, homemade pot pies and donuts dipped in coffee. He still has some down days days, but the good days out weigh the bad. I was afraid he was not going to get better. He was so frail and weak, he still has a long way to go. Getting very anxious we go for our 3 month pet scan on the 26th. They did a scope and they did not see anything suspicios and they felt his neck and no swollen nodes. I am pretty confident we will get the all clear. BUT, you always have that annoying bug in your ear saying,what if!!! He is prepared for the good scan and a not so good scan. We shall see... So everyone, life is good and I am happy my man is still here to fight over the pillows and remote... LOL!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

My husband had chem/rads at
    My husband had chem/rads at the same time and he is 11 weeks out. He never wanted the soft foods during/after treatment. He wanted real food. He just kept trying different things every week. Today he can tolerate a few bites of pizza dipped in ranch, lasagna, homemade pot pies and donuts dipped in coffee. He still has some down days days, but the good days out weigh the bad. I was afraid he was not going to get better. He was so frail and weak, he still has a long way to go. Getting very anxious we go for our 3 month pet scan on the 26th. They did a scope and they did not see anything suspicios and they felt his neck and no swollen nodes. I am pretty confident we will get the all clear. BUT, you always have that annoying bug in your ear saying,what if!!! He is prepared for the good scan and a not so good scan. We shall see... So everyone, life is good and I am happy my man is still here to fight over the pillows and remote... LOL!

PET Scan
    Just remember that the first PET, especially one only a few months out can show resdiual from the radiation damage. So if it isn't the best, doesn't really mean anything specific is going on other than scarring and such. The ENT will give you the all clear (or not)..

But from memory, very few on here have had an initial scan that was less the clear and later it turned out to be of concern.

Thoughts and Prayers for your upcoming scan.....

Doesn't seem to matter to me, now over two years post treatment...scans are always a little stressful and full of anxiety.

Best,
    John