OVCA awareness month in Sept.

Options
Susan53
Susan53 Member Posts: 178
Don't forget to polish your toe nails teal for the month of Sept. You can also get some Teal Toes cards that have the symptoms of ovarian cancer on the back of the card. The cards are free go to Teal Toes.org. Click on spread the word then click on contact page. Then list your name address so they can send you the cards. Don't forget to click on send. Lets spread the word anywhere we can. Thanks Sharon

Comments

• Beary
    Beary Member Posts: 9
    Options
    FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    I am a new kid on the block. I am going thru 4th stage ovarian cancer. Have had the debuking (yikes), chemo, now my cancer marker has gone up. I go for a cat scan Wed. to see what is going on - I am working on a fund raiser to spread the word. I can not believe how there is nothing out there to really find this disease and once in 4th stage and has spread outside the ovary forget it...it is waiting on what is the next thing that's going to happen!!!
    So while waiting, I want to spread the word every where to every women out there. It has been hard, but I keep on going.
    Keep in touch...
    Beary
  • Beary
    Options
    FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    I am a new kid on the block. I am going thru 4th stage ovarian cancer. Have had the debuking (yikes), chemo, now my cancer marker has gone up. I go for a cat scan Wed. to see what is going on - I am working on a fund raiser to spread the word. I can not believe how there is nothing out there to really find this disease and once in 4th stage and has spread outside the ovary forget it...it is waiting on what is the next thing that's going to happen!!!
    So while waiting, I want to spread the word every where to every women out there. It has been hard, but I keep on going.
    Keep in touch...
    Beary
  • Beary
    Options
    FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    Keep in touch...
    Beary
  • wlkdnose
    wlkdnose Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Beary said:

FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    Keep in touch...
    Beary

Teal Toes already
    MY toes are already teal and I started a Team to walk and raise money/awareness for NOCC with my sister September 25th!
  • Susan53
    Susan53 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Beary said:

FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    Keep in touch...
    Beary

Fund Raiser
    Hi Beary what kind of Fund Raiser are you doing. I am always interested in how to spread the word. Thanks Sharon
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Beary said:

FUND RAISER
    Hi Sharon,
    Keep in touch...
    Beary

I have my Teal Toes cards
    and I am passing them out. I found teal nail polish also..so let's spread the word. There is a website on facebook called teal toes and they will send you cards for free. Also last week QVC was selling teal nail polish to raise money for ovca..val
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    wlkdnose said:

Teal Toes already
    MY toes are already teal and I started a Team to walk and raise money/awareness for NOCC with my sister September 25th!

Many NOCC chapters and other
    Many NOCC chapters and other organizations will be painting the town teal in Sept. In Dallas/Ft Worth we are planning a 5 K walk/run and are shooting for $100,000. We have already raised $27,000. Each runner will pay $20 and last year we had over a thousand people. We are also raffling off a quilt and thanks to Kathleen's idea, we might be selling posters of the quilt, too.

Check out ovarian.org and see if there is a group near you that has something planned for Sept. It's very empowering.

Carlene