My adult children are not too supportive. Hurts

Options
2»

Comments

• lccollins
    lccollins Member Posts: 10
    Options
    So sorry.
    I am so sorry that you are feeling this pain. Maybe it is just too painful for you kids to face, so they keep their distance and don't want to talk about it. You deserve to be recogonized for the pain you've been through, and how real it really is. I have just been diagnosed, so I am anticipating what you've been through and just that is tough. I have 2 young adult children and 1 high school senior. They are having a rough time. Again, I am sorry for this. Sharing what you have shared will help someone else going through this as well. My prayers are with you and your family. Much love your way:) Linda.
  • Betty L.
    Betty L. Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Children not very supportive

I have been diagnosed with possible lung cancer and am waiting on the biopsy report.  I have an adult son in his early fifty's.  When I found out about the mass in my lung, I notified him.  After not hearing from him, I called and expressed my need for his support.  To date, nothing.  I see that a few others have felt neglected by their children also.  It hurts, especially since I have told him I need him to call and just ask how I am doing etc.  I don't see that anything else I could do would make matters better so am just going to keep my mouth shut.  

Being an adoptive mother doesn't help as I feel maybe that is the reason he doen't feel the need to support me.  I don't know - I'm just feeling sorry for myself.  Thanks for listening.

• Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    edited June 2021 #24
    Options
    Betty L. said:

Children not very supportive

I have been diagnosed with possible lung cancer and am waiting on the biopsy report.  I have an adult son in his early fifty's.  When I found out about the mass in my lung, I notified him.  After not hearing from him, I called and expressed my need for his support.  To date, nothing.  I see that a few others have felt neglected by their children also.  It hurts, especially since I have told him I need him to call and just ask how I am doing etc.  I don't see that anything else I could do would make matters better so am just going to keep my mouth shut.  

Being an adoptive mother doesn't help as I feel maybe that is the reason he doen't feel the need to support me.  I don't know - I'm just feeling sorry for myself.  Thanks for listening.

Lack of support

Hi,, I read your story and my heart goes out to you.  It’s hard for people to see their parents sick or weakened.